KXNO Sports Fanatics

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Don’t bother. Some guy (Bill Blank?) who apparently we’re supposed to know so well that Ross only introduced him as “my buddy”. Absolutely no idea who he is. To be followed by another appearance by Travis Justis for the remainder of the show. This is excruciatingly bad.

He's a local comedian. And another East sider. So I'm sure we'll get more of that today.

EDIT: Sounds like Bill went to North HS. But still ...

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Maybe Ross is looking to get out now too.
I'm sure his real estate gig is better than doing radio every day.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Maybe Ross is looking to get out now too.
I'm sure his real estate gig is better than doing radio every day.

I think Ross is a radio lifer. Real estate is definitely paying his bills these days, but I think he really enjoys radio.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy and Tailg8er

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Don’t bother. Some guy (Bill Blank?) who apparently we’re supposed to know so well that Ross only introduced him as “my buddy”. Absolutely no idea who he is. To be followed by another appearance by Travis Justis for the remainder of the show. This is excruciatingly bad.
Thank you for the warning. Familiar with both.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I remember Travis from the Tod and Tyler show when I lived in Omaha. He was the whipping boy.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
It's kind of a tough timeslot. 3-6 p.m. Any co-host will need to be self-employed or have some kind of job with flexibility of hours. And, of course, those are only the studio hours -- they'll also need to have time to prep. It's a larger time commitment than most people think.
Not sure there is any prep on any of the shows on kxno

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Travis is an acquired taste and he's certainly not for everybody. I think even he'd admit that.

I'm a Travis fan.
I’m not a fan per se, but at least he can talk about sports somewhat intelligently, including ISU athletics. Same way with Condon.

• Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: RING4CY and CyNews

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
I’m not a fan per se, but at least he can talk about sports somewhat intelligently, including ISU athletics. Same way with Condon.
He reads box scores on air... he doesn't know anything about sports.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Some people still don't understand how lucky we are to have KXNO as a smaller market with no professional sports.
Maybe we don’t need 7-8 hrs of time for local sports then. Keep Miller and Condon, Murph and Andy, and just have an hour for ISU/ B12/ Iowa/ b1g talk M-F.

Reactions: DSMCy