KXNO Sports Fanatics

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Does anybody know if CW is still a host of this show or just an occasional guest? I know it’s on 3-6 and I can’t tune in for the entire time but it seems like he’s never on. I like to listen to the pods on iHeart but they don’t seem to offer the entire show. Just 1 or 2 hours at random the next day. It’s apparently somewhat of a running joke why he’s not there but I’m not sure if he’s considered a regular host or not. It seems to lean pretty Hawkeye heavy whenever I can catch it. So maybe it’s just a Hawk show now?

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Does anybody know if CW is still a host of this show or just an occasional guest? I know it’s on 3-6 and I can’t tune in for the entire time but it seems like he’s never on. I like to listen to the pods on iHeart but they don’t seem to offer the entire show. Just 1 or 2 hours at random the next day. It’s apparently somewhat of a running joke why he’s not there but I’m not sure if he’s considered a regular host or not. It seems to lean pretty Hawkeye heavy whenever I can catch it. So maybe it’s just a Hawk show now?
He is on it almost every time I catch it. Jared fills in for him a good amount too.

Reactions: CyBobby

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
When they moved the show to 3 hours they added a ton of advertisements and fill a lot of the last hour with replays/cyfan podcasts. He’s a busy guy but is on at least 3 times a week. He also seems to have the sickest family that has ever been.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I don't know what Chris' contract states with KXNO but if the radio station is expecting 5 days a week of FULL shows that very rarely happens anymore. Maybe that isn't part of the agreement.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum

Tri

Sep 10, 2009
I don't know what Chris' contract states with KXNO but if the radio station is expecting 5 days a week of FULL shows that very rarely happens anymore. Maybe that isn't part of the agreement.
That’s what I assume. He probably had to give them so many on air hours. Would guess that equates to 30-50% of the show. His family does seem to be sick a lot so maybe the intent is to be on much more. Not even close to the consistency of the other 3 daily shows.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Is this the first time it was announced? I usually have the show on while at work but naturally tune out a lot.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Makes sense if you want to be involved in your kids activities. If they didn’t broadcast our games I definitely would have no reason to turn on that station now

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
He made that show somewhat bearable when Peterson was on with him. CW on his own or with another guest host like AD was really, really good. Plus, the new producer they have is horrible.