KXNO Sports Fanatics

CRCySpy

Oct 16, 2020
Cedar Rapids, IA
LMAO Trent just said "the Iowa beat guys, they are fed up! Chad Leistekow, he's fed up, Scott Dochterman, he's fed up, David Eickholt, he's fed up"

Christ, you can't make it up!!! Why are these guys fed up, they are "beat writers".
Exactly, could you imagine Hines or Randy P saying they were fed up if ISU's offense and QB play was inept. Such Homers, makes me puke.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
I’ve always wondered why the 3-6 show has to have so much time dedicated to sponsors throughout the week. M & C and M & A don’t have to. Maybe it’s the extra hour? Not complaining about having Seneca on. Although the constant “When I beat Iowa” thing is a little odd.
I’m not sure how you could think those other two don’t have a lot of sponsored segments. M&C is a string of betting segments sponsored by the sports books and every recurring segment on M&A is sponsored.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I haven't posted much because sometimes I think we can be a little thinned skinned, but today was an absolute abomination of radio.

No talk of ISU only of Petras and Iowa offense, just a joke.
I called it on Friday but you knew it would be all about what Iowa did or didn’t do. Just a complete insult to Iowa State IMO

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I called it on Friday but you knew it would be all about what Iowa did or didn’t do. Just a complete insult to Iowa State IMO

I wish we had cashed in on those red zone opportunities. I knew winning it in a close game would lead to this. Iowa fans feel like they "should have won" and would have if the coaches weren't stupid. If we thrashed them on the scoreboard like we did in most of the other stats, we'd still be hearing about how bad the Iowa offense is, yes....but it would be somewhat muted.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I wish we had cashed in on those red zone opportunities. I knew winning it in a close game would lead to this. Iowa fans feel like they "should have won" and would have if the coaches weren't stupid. If we thrashed them on the scoreboard like we did in most of the other stats, we'd still be hearing about how bad the Iowa offense is, yes....but it would be somewhat muted.

To be fair, Iowa turned us over 3 times, blocked two punts, and held us to 10 total points. And lost. So of course the story is how bad the Iowa offense was. If we lose, the story is “ISU choked another one way” (which would have been true).

Our defense did the same thing as SDSU and we barely won. It’s not like we played overly well.

If anything, more should be said that we dominated both lines of scrimmage…something we may have never done against Iowa in recent memory.

Reactions: Joe4Cy

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Listening to JP and Walters on KXNO and they are talking about the beer cans getting thrown at X. Don’t expect to see stadium wide
Beer sales as long as JP is AD.
So I assume Murph and Andy will talk about this for weeks like they did bandgate? Oh this has actual evidence and involves Hawk violence so probably not.

Reactions: 67CY and Acylum

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Kluver was on KXNO this morning and he seems to be convinced that Petras is probably the best option. Basically told Iowa fans that it's going to be a long season. He basically said the entire offense is flawed yet 2 weeks ago this was the deepest Iowa has been in years in the skill positions.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Exactly, could you imagine Hines or Randy P saying they were fed up if ISU's offense and QB play was inept. Such Homers, makes me puke.
I thought the same thing when I heard Leistekow on Friday on the afternoon show...he speaks as a fan more than journalist....honestly, I feel Hines/Randy P are usually fair and actually feel more critical vs homers.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010

Yeah, their fans jumped right one the "we had a TD taken away at the goal line"

Would have loved if we got our two so then the story would be "ISU Stomps Iowa 24-7" and they could still groan about their offense.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Kluver was on KXNO this morning and he seems to be convinced that Petras is probably the best option. Basically told Iowa fans that it's going to be a long season. He basically said the entire offense is flawed yet 2 weeks ago this was the deepest Iowa has been in years in the skill positions.
Iowa's Big 10 schedule starts off @ Rutgers, vs. #4 Michigan, @ Illinois, and @ #3 Ohio State.

I think there's a realistic shot they don't win a game during that stretch and at this very moment, 1-3 may be best case scenario.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

A lot of Hawk fans thought this would be the best Iowa team ever lol

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Petras probably looking forward to road games for less hate thrown his way.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum