KXNO Sports Fanatics

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What’s the story on that?

He's a grifter.
I mean, you can't make the ballwashing of the Garza's up.

View attachment 101785

Luka gives back to his second home, Iowa City, in the form of a $125 a pop skill camp.

View attachment 101786

And don't forget a "Night with the Garzas" at $30 bucks a head:

View attachment 101787

I mean, get a load of the description of this event. This is just odd stuff from the parent of a grown man:

View attachment 101788

I have no problem with players running camps and charging for it, but somehow making it look like he's giving back to the community is laughable. They seem to have conflated "giving back" with having identified the only small corner of the world even remotely interested in Luka Garza now and profiting off it.

Giving back is what Niang does when he comes back to Ames and sponsors a different local charity every yr. Hell he's expanded it from a golf outing to golf and trivia night to include even more people.

He is a real NBA player who still finds time to give back to his Alma Mater and the surrounding area.

Last edited:

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
So listening today with Bruno.....those who have worked in the industry, what do you think it costs for Bruno to have all these spots?

Why I don't love talk radio is how the content is also the advertiser....but hosts try to make it seem like they are just buddies.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
He most definitely is.

Even if he wasn't let's say he is. We certainly don't need to claim him.

Definitely not claiming him as a Clone. I grew up not-listening to him go on about Nebraska, but maybe he’s a “fan” of Iowa now since he’s playing to a different market.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I’m actually beginning to think the idiot producer will be the new cohost. He is serving that role more than producing. He was sold as an ISU guy when he was hired, but I’ve never heard him say anything positive about ISU.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I get the sense that Frank controls Luka's life. Also, I think that Frank sees himself as a Hawk "celebrity".

Luka seems like a good guy but I'm worried he is going to end up like Todd Marinovich where he breaks down due to his dad.
He 100% looks at himself as a Hawkeye celebrity because he is. The lowest common denominator Iowa fan/David Eickholt thinks Frank Garza is the coolest guy in Iowa City. It's too bad cause Luka seems like a normal kid.

Reactions: CyNews

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Definitely not claiming him as a Clone. I grew up not-listening to him go on about Nebraska, but maybe he’s a “fan” of Iowa now since he’s playing to a different market.
Not only an Iowa fan but loves trolling Iowa State fans. He's a tool, always has been.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat and Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron