KXNO Sports Fanatics

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
So basically you guys listen just so you can ***** about it? Seems like you could find something better to listen to.
I'm only *****ing about it because the listenability has significantly dropped in the past weeks to months.

I used to enjoy kxno so much to the point where I opened the iheart app on my phone first thing when I got up in the morning and had it on literally all day, outside of a lunch break (listening to Cowherd doesn't interest me.) Now not only am I not listening to sports fanatics at all, I find myself opting for podcasts during times when I would usually be listening to kxno.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'm only *****ing about it because the listenability has significantly dropped in the past weeks to months.

I used to enjoy kxno so much to the point where I opened the iheart app on my phone first thing when I got up in the morning and had it on literally all day, outside of a lunch break (listening to Cowherd doesn't interest me.) Now not only am I not listening to sports fanatics at all, I find myself opting for podcasts during times when I would usually be listening to kxno.
I hate broccoli, just don't feel a need to eat it everyday so I can come on CF and complain about it.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I hate broccoli, just don't feel a need to eat it everyday so I can come on CF and complain about it.
If this was broccoli fanatics this comparison might be clever. I feel like giving an opinion on a show that once covered central iowa sports fits the forum devoted to a central iowa sports team.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
If you don't like broccoli, you can try brussel sprouts. We don't like how kxno is right now, so we want to try something else.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Look at it this way: you used to like broccoli but the broccoli maker changed something and now you hate it. There’s going to be a change to the broccoli maker, you just don’t know what it is, yet. Feel free to come in CF to a thread titled “broccoli” and give your opinion on what you used to like about broccoli and what you don’t about the current broccoli maker.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
So you used to like broccoli but something changed and now you don’t anymore? Otherwise your comparison is dumb.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If this was broccoli fanatics this comparison might be clever. I feel like giving an opinion on a show that once covered central iowa sports fits the forum devoted to a central iowa sports team.
This thread has been ******** about this show for 4 months. Seriously just move on.

Reactions: VeloClone

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
This thread has been ******** about this show for 4 months. Seriously just move on.
The issue is that most people want good local sports talk. If the 3-6pm show fails then it will switch to national NFL talk and there will be very little local content. Hopefully football season will save it. Local radio is very challenging from April to August.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
The issue is that most people want good local sports talk. If the 3-6pm show fails then it will switch to national NFL talk and there will be very little local content. Hopefully football season will save it. Local radio is very challenging from April to August.
If you're willing to listen to the crap what's their motive to improve their content?

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Look at it this way: you used to like broccoli but the broccoli maker changed something and now you hate it. There’s going to be a change to the broccoli maker, you just don’t know what it is, yet. Feel free to come in CF to a thread titled “broccoli” and give your opinion on what you used to like about broccoli and what you don’t about the current broccoli maker.

If we're going with this analogy, I'd say it's more like you've liked broccoli for a while, but currently, it's being made differently. You want to still like it, so you keep trying it to see if it gets better.

I haven't yet completely bailed on KXNO post 3 pm, but I'm close. Fanatics has just been tough to listen to lately, and I have been a loyal listener since 2016. I like Ross a lot, but he needs someone to balance him out, and none of the cohosts so far have managed to do that.

• Agree
Reactions: moforisu

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hearing today the Saturday morning pregame show is over. Taking that as Sean is likely getting the afternoon gig.

• Informative
Reactions: MJ29

Oldcr

Sep 11, 2015
I think I am done with KXNO all together. As a cyclone fan, there is very little reason to listen to the station anymore. When I listen to the radio, I want to hear someone talk about ISU with passion and excitement in their voice. Each local show has a dedicated Hawkeye voice that provides that for the EIU fanbase.
The Morning Rush has Travis
Miller and Condon has Trent
Murph and Andy has Andrew Downs
The Fanatics has Ross
There is one Cyclone voice on KXNO in Heather and her show is on early enough that I miss most of it. My listening to the station as a whole has fallen off a cliff since Chris left. Without dedicated Cyclone representation on the station, I have no reason to listen. Would much rather spend my time with a podcast. But hey, maybe Frank Garza will be on again today. That's always appointment listening.