KXNO Sports Fanatics

• Presidential Race Discussion - Please make sure to keep all discussion within the "Politics Forum" in order to keep the main forums civil and politics-free.
    You can opt-in to the Political Forum in your user settings - note that the change may take up to 2 hours to process.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I know it's summer so sports talk lags but man KXNO has basically turned into non-stop CC talk. I don't mind if they want to spend a segment on her but please move onto other things. It's baseball season, football teams are signing guys, i don't follow or care for racing but I'd probably wouldn't turn the channel if I heard anything but CC at this point. There are probably enough baseball fans in the market you could probably spend 50% of the show talking MLB and it would be more interesting than the constant dissecting of the latest CC news. It's to the point if I turn on KXNO and they are talking CC and the same over analyzed stories we've been hearing for the past week I won't waste time listening anymore, I've got CC fatigue at this point.

I was on the road yesterday the only segment on WHO that did not discuss CC was the big show.

• Haha
Reactions: Acylum and CloneJD

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Venus Williams got women equal pay in tennis and had a groundbreaking endorsement deal at the age of 15.

I am

Venus Williams got women equal pay in tennis and had a groundbreaking endorsement deal at the age of 15.

good night. Jerry West passes and the first 15 minutes of ‘murph and Andy’ is about nose hair. Then these two,with poor historical perspective,try to talk about George Turner. Must be nice to have no accountability.

Reactions: GT25Ump and Acylum

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
While on the topic of tennis superstars:

View attachment 130099
Wrong one
article-2652204-1E95820400000578-596_636x382.jpg

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Imagine having multiple Olympians in basketball and there will be multiple segments with the Garzas before they have any substantive conversations about Tyrese Halliburton on the US team.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
good night. Jerry West passes and the first 15 minutes of ‘murph and Andy’ is about nose hair. Then these two,with poor historical perspective,try to talk about George Turner. Must be nice to have no accountability.
I believe it was in their Trending Iowa segment where Murph had an item about Carlton playing well for the Lynx and being selected for the Canadian National Team. Guess who the discussion quickly pivoted to. Pathetic.

Reactions: CyNews

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Interesting he would say that when he has admitted he didn’t watch a single women’s game until this previous year. Perhaps Ken got the memo from the front office to “play the hits.”

In all fairness, if you'd never seen one minute of WBB until this year, Clark would be the best player you've ever seen :jimlad:

• Informative
Reactions: BigTurk

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
  • Winner
Reactions: NWICY and Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Caught that live. Such a crappy thing to do but par for the course for them.

I know they aren't comparable but how hard is it to say something nice about an isu athlete doing well in pro's without a backhanded compliment.

**** them.
Exactly. Murph is hypersensitive about anything CC related. How is pointing out how well Carleton is playing (currently starting) for a good team diminishing CC? ISU fans tweeting at him to point out Carleton is playing well and making the Canadian National Team has absolutely nothing to do with Clark.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Exactly. Murph is hypersensitive about anything CC related. How is pointing out how well Carleton is playing (currently starting) for a good team diminishing CC? ISU fans tweeting at him to point out Carleton is playing well and making the Canadian National Team has absolutely nothing to do with Clark.
Except that's not what was tweeted at him. The tweets brought up Clark.

Bridget Carlton, former Cyclone,
will play for Canada in the Olympics, called that fifteen points last night.

(12:09):
She's been playing really well. She'sa starter for the Minnesota Lynx.
Have had a couple of people thathave not more than a couple their Cyclone
fans. Of course, like youknow, Bridget Carlton is in the Olympics,
and all we hear about is CaitlinClark. You know, you could
talk more about Carlton.

But, you know, keep making **** up to pretend to be offended about.