Show

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
Her voice is tiring, frankly. I could barely get through her reading my winning lottery numbers.
To be fair, I had a quick chat with her one time at 515 brewing and she was very friendly. Her husband is as well, super genuine guy. Something tells me they get zero feedback from KXNO management on the structure and content of their show.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
To be fair, I had a quick chat with her one time at 515 brewing and she was very friendly. Her husband is as well, super genuine guy. Something tells me they get zero feedback from KXNO management on the structure and content of their show.
I just don't like her voice. Beyond that I'm fairly neutral. I don't listen enough to get a good read.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Derek being real doesn't mean it's not also an act. Both things can be true.

I sometimes wonder if he isn't parodying redneck idiots, because the people I've met that sound and think like Derek the character often don't give any kind of a **** about sports, and he clearly follows quite a bit of sports.
Either way, he goes too far, and the laughing reactions it gets are basically an endorsement of what he says.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Either way, he goes too far, and the laughing reactions it gets are basically an endorsement of what he says.
The only KXNO shows I listen to regularly are Miller & Condon and Murph & Andy. Those guys occasionally let their politics slip out just a little and it's pretty clear to me that they aren't on the same side as where I assume Derek is. Especially Fales.

Travis and Ross? Different story.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
The only KXNO shows I listen to regularly are Miller & Condon and Murph & Andy. Those guys occasionally let their politics slip out just a little and it's pretty clear to me that they aren't on the same side as where I assume Derek is. Especially Fales.

Travis and Ross? Different story.
Yeah that's who I'm getting at. There have also been a few calls in the afternoon where Derek just gets laughs when he should be corrected. The Dawn Staley comment happened last year on a Friday in the afternoon, and he should have been cut at that point for good, but just got laughs and they moved on.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron