Ku's Newman headed to NBA ...

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Good for him. Strike while the iron is hot, kid. Hang around any longer and all scouts are going to do is start nitpicking.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015
Newman was their best player at the end of the year. Gifted, smooth player.

• Agree
Reactions: surly

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Zaire Smith definitely has that Wesley Iwundu feeling about him. A guard/forward that isn’t particularly good one thing but can wow you with athleticism.

His vertical is unnatural. You know a guy has special ability when you can find him on the floor just by how high he's getting.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Zaire Smith definitely has that Wesley Iwundu feeling about him. A guard/forward that isn’t particularly good one thing but can wow you with athleticism.

That actually could be a case for him to stay in the Draft this year. He has a solid chance to be a top 20 pick just based on his potential but obviously is raw basketball skills aspect. If he comes back and doesn't/isn't able to refine the shooting and ball handling it could hurt his stock. Of course he could develop and end up a top 10 pick. Interesting decision for Evans/his family and TT.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Saw that Zaire from TT entered without an agent, but his tweet sure made it sound like he thinks he may have a shot

Hope the mock drafts that have him in the 20-25 range in the first round are right and we don't see him at Hilton again.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
KU is absolutely LOADED next year: Dedric Lawson, K.J. Lawson and Charlie Moore are all eligible and proven players. If they get their chemistry down they'll be the national title favorite

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...-early-projection-has-kansas-and-duke-at-top/

Yeah, but those 3 haven’t shown to be any better than what they usually have (cue tuco talking about practice reports).

Maybe they’ll be much improved compared to their freshman years or maybe they’ll struggle. None were as highly regarded as Newman coming out of HS and he took most of this year to come into his own.

The Lawson’s were kind of soft at Memphis, but I’m sure a year to get stronger and Coach Self will help with that.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Zaire Smith makes Wesley Iwundu look like an JV high school player in terms of athleticism

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I thought you said Vick and Newman weren't both leaving?
I dont work for the athletic department. It was my opinion of what I thought would happen and it was wrong. Whoopee. Glad Vick announced early so we have the best chance to replace him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I dont work for the athletic department. It was my opinion of what I thought would happen and it was wrong. Whoopee. Glad Vick announced early so we have the best chance to replace him.

Man if you don't replace Vick your going to be wishing you had a back court half as strong as ours

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Man if you don't replace Vick your going to be wishing you had a back court half as strong as ours
1) Self will replace him just fine and 2) You seem to have a vastly overinflated opnion of the quality of your backcourt.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
1) Self will replace him just fine and 2) You seem to have a vastly overinflated opnion of the quality of your backcourt.

Wigginton, Babb, THT and Shayok is much better than Moore, Garrett, Cunliffe, Grimes and Dotson IMO

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
A rotation of

PG: Dotson
SG: Grimes
SF: Langford
PF: D Lawson
C: Azubuike

With bigs DeSousa and McCormack and perimeter guys KJ Lawson, Moore and Garrett off the bench will destroy the Big 12 next year.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CTTB78

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Good for him. Strike while the iron is hot, kid. Hang around any longer and all scouts are going to do is start nitpicking.

I agree. I always thought this about Monte too. I wonder if that shoulder injury the end of his junior year kept him here.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
A rotation of

PG: Dotson
SG: Grimes
SF: Langford
PF: D Lawson
C: Azubuike

With bigs DeSousa and McCormack and perimeter guys KJ Lawson, Moore and Garrett off the bench will destroy the Big 12 next year.

When was the last time Self started 3 freshman? Oubre's year?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron