kudos to the fans

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
for sticking around for the second half of the Nebraska game. Offensively, the first half was offensive. Turnovers, bad shots, no calls from the refs. So, the first half ends and the band starts the fight song and everyone starts clapping. A few boos were heard from the crowd as the refs were leaving but that was it. Based on the score, our team did not deserve applause, but it sure was nice to hear them get it. I'm sure the players would bet he first ones to tell you they stunk in that first half, but they kept playing hard and started getting results in the second half and the crowd was rewarded for its patience.

Was it a pretty game? No. Was it a great game? Not really, if you consider the records and standings of the two teams involved. If you just looked at the score and the teams playing, it would not even be a great win. But if you consider how the team played in the second half after the performance of the first half--that makes it a great win for me.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Does anyone else on here think the band's pep band jersey's are ugly? ( I know i will get neg repped for this) They look like ugly hockey uniforms.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Does anyone else on here think the band's pep band jersey's are ugly? ( I know i will get neg repped for this) They look like ugly hockey uniforms.

I actually like the pep band's jersey's. It's something different. I would rather have the current ones than a regular polo or something like everybody else seems to have.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

Already been discussed and LOTS of people think so. I had an opposing teams fan mention that to me too.