KU Police investigating report of teenage girl raped at KU’s McCarthy Hall

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
OK, I guess I'll have to rely on your vast experience in following the KU basketball program. Self has been very consistent in applying this escalating scale to minor offenses. He has stepped away from that scale if necessay to grant longer suspensions if he deemed it necessary (Morningstar getting suspended for all of first semester games (9) for a major DUI, Greene 6 games for getting in a screaming match with the coaches after a game and for it being his millionth incident).

You honestly think he just says, ok you get 3 games because you did 3 things? That would be utterly stupid.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
So vandalizing personal property is a "minor-offense"?
Yes. It's worse than driving with expired tags but not as bad as a DUI or an assault/battery. Sorry, but not everything can be a big deal or then nothing is a big deal.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Yes. It's worse than driving with expired tags but not as bad as a DUI or an assault/battery. Sorry, but not everything can be a big deal or then nothing is a big deal.
Kicking the door of a vehicle while the driver is in it could be grounds for an assault charge especially if it is accompanied by angry or threatening words.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

635858953821311036654617169_8152277_orig.gif

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Kicking the door of a vehicle while the driver is in it could be grounds for an assault charge especially if it is accompanied by angry or threatening words.
Los of things in the world could happen. I deal only with what did happen. His actions did result in a misdemeanor vandalism. If that was different then I might have a different opinion as to how serious this is.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Tuco, was this random thuggery? The reason I ask is that Jackson was first accused of $3000 then that was download to $1000 to get him off a felony charge. But why has the other $2000 been allocated to the other thug? Surely Jackson knew who that was, no?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Tuco, was this random thuggery? The reason I ask is that Jackson was first accused of $3000 then that was download to $1000 to get him off a felony charge. But why has the other $2000 been allocated to the other thug? Surely Jackson knew who that was, no?
Calvert's father is on record saying that he did not want Jackson to be charged with a felony. If you want to credit anyone with getting it knocked down to a misdemeanor, start with him.

“Our family never pushed for a felony charge,” Calvert said. “When I sat in the district attorney’s office, I told him, ‘I would not want a young man to have a felony for car vandalism.’ We never wanted that. We wanted accountability.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...of-kansas/article137546843.html#storylink=cpy

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Tuco, you didn't answer my question.
Sorry, your question was so foolish I assume you just meant it to be a smart a$$, not to elicit an actual answer.

So my answer to your absurd series of questions is that if the police had enough reason and evidence to charge anyone else in particpating in the vandalism, I am sure that they would have done so.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Calvert's father is on record saying that he did not want Jackson to be charged with a felony. If you want to credit anyone with getting it knocked down to a misdemeanor, start with him.

“Our family never pushed for a felony charge,” Calvert said. “When I sat in the district attorney’s office, I told him, ‘I would not want a young man to have a felony for car vandalism.’ We never wanted that. We wanted accountability.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...of-kansas/article137546843.html#storylink=cpy

So since he didn't get a felony, where's the accountability?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
The KU AD has had enough and has requested that Calvert sign the waiver that allows Kansas to publically comment on the details of the Title IX investigation. He has also requzred a meeting face to face with the Calverts do discyss their concerns. The ball is the the court of the Calvert family now. We'll see what their true intentions are with all of this if they sign that waiver or not.

Anyone want to bet whether they magically find other things to do for the next month so that this drags out and lingers over the team during their tourney run? Oh, wait. The Calverts have already requested to push the meeting off until after the KU Spring Break ends March 26...

I look forward to hearing more details from all sides of the involved parties of the earlier Vick/Calvert incident as well as some background on the status of Calvert at the time of the Jackson incident. They want KU to comment? Sign the waiver and let's hear what they have to say.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
As we predicted, nothing will happen to Ku basketball until after the tournament. Slimeball Bill rules Lawrence. But, on the sunny side of darkness, it will add some green to conference financials.

Last edited:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Is there a domestic violence flavor to this incident? Why was he mad at said female?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
No sarcasm here because all of the stories have begun to run together...but weren't we told that Self didn't know about the door kicking until a couple of days later, or was that one of the other incidents?

That was the recent incident where he backed into a car in what i believe was a student lot.

Help Support Us

Become a patron