KU Police investigating report of teenage girl raped at KU’s McCarthy Hall

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Meh, it will take all year to do an "internal investigation" while "waiting for the legal process to unfold" and some scrub will get kicked off.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
What's really messed up, is some KU fans on Phog, trying to prepare justification, if it does involve bball players.

There are some seriously disturbing things said.
http://www.scout.com/college/kansas/forums/2481-hoops-talk/15347121-rape-at-mccarthy-hall?page=1
c595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f8e41c30a81af650f568eaff8.jpg

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
What bothers me is this "16-year-old girl, who was not a KU student, was visiting residents in the building."
A 16 year old comes to visit and you don't watch out for her?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Just like Kirk knew about the free housing scandal from Brian?

I really thought of that as well after the post about Self's son. At least the Self's know where Tyler lives while Kirk and his wife played stupid and have said money doesn't matter to them.

But back to the story.
**** Kansas, **** rape, and **** people that think a sport or a team is more important than a person's well being.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Please let this destroy their program.

Pretty horrible that this supposedly happened to a 16 year old girl.

I'm sure KU lawyers/admin. are all over it and nothing will happen - because - KU Basketball.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Two notes:

1. The incident happened on Dec 18th, but is not made public until Jan 24th. I wonder why the information got released now?

2. The report is made public on the morning after KU's loss to WV. Could knowing it was coming have affected their performance at WV?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Two notes:

1. The incident happened on Dec 18th, but is not made public until Jan 24th. I wonder why the information got released now?

2. The report is made public on the morning after KU's loss to WV. Could knowing it was coming have affected their performance at WV?

On your second note, it was tied with 9 minutes to go, so who knows if it affected the team or not.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Two notes:

I'm sure the word of several teammates that nothing untoward happened will make this all go away.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I was looking through KUs roster and was reminded that Tyler Self, Bill's son, is on the team. Coach Self doesn't have an excuse that he doesn't know what's going on off the court. It's about to rain down on Tyler.

Ha, like the team hangs out with the boss's son. They probably look at him more like a known mole in their midst.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Two notes:

They stated in the article that the police will sometimes not release the details while gathering evidence of an ongoing investigation. That's at least one way to spin it.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I guess I view the lack of any suspensions so far troubling but not surprising. Five basketball players know something about the rape of a child that also involved drug usage by the suspect. One basketball player knows something about a runaway child. What are the odds none of these players were involved in the drug usage? And what did they witness and were they in a position to intervene on the girl's behalf?

• Winner
Reactions: SCyclone

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Something was mentioned on the KU board. I'm not going to say any names, but Kansas had a player transfer at the end of December.

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I guess I view the lack of any suspensions so far troubling but not surprising. Five basketball players know something about the rape of a child that also involved drug usage by the suspect. One basketball player knows something about a runaway child. What are the odds none of these players were involved in the drug usage? And what did they witness and were they in a position to intervene on the girl's behalf?

Is it possible that they were just neighbors who didn't know what was going on? Or that they were known to have returned late that night from the game, so they want to know what they "witnessed?"

I want to bash KU basketball as much as the next person, but just because some players are being called "witnesses" does not necessarily mean that they even knew that they knew anything about the crimes until being questioned.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Something was mentioned on the KU board. I'm not going to say any names, but Kansas had a player transfer at the end of December.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2016/dec/31/ku-transfer-evan-maxwell-leaving-program/

“We were all excited when Evan committed and we all had high expectations for him,” Self said. “This semester did not go the way Evan had anticipated. We support his decision to take some time away to figure out what he wants to do moving forward. He’s a tremendous young man and we wish him nothing but the best.

Help Support Us

Become a patron