KU Police investigating report of teenage girl raped at KU’s McCarthy Hall

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
First of all, if true, I feel awful for the girl. No idea if she willingly put herself in a bad situation or not, but doesn't mean she deserves any sort of sexual assault.

Second - why do I have a feeling if KU bball players are in some way at fault in this, we won't see punishments for a long time.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
“Because all you guys aren’t going to do the right stuff. I need to teach to you how to get around all of this stuff too. If you have a crew, one of them fools need to know that they’re going to jail. I know a lot of you aren’t going to drink, i know a lot of you aren’t going to use drugs but still get yourself a fall guy.”
- Chris Carter

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Wow, when there is smoke...that's not good for Self

All five people listed as witnesses in connection with the reported rape are members of the KU men’s basketball team, according to the police report.

And to go with your bolded, I thought more smoke was here.

Keary would not confirm whether the runaway report was connected to the alleged rape.

The police report in the runaway case, also requested and obtained by the Journal-World, does not list any information about the runaway. However, the witnesses in the runaway case were the same two women interviewed in the rape investigation and a sixth KU basketball player.

Sounds like that 6th KU player could be in trouble.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
When KU built this luxury hotel complex for basketball and I heard a few non-basketball players were going to live there as tokens to avoid it looking like pro basketball my first thought was there will be some trouble.

This will be like Suh hitting parked cars in the middle of the night several times in Lincoln and somehow never being intoxicated just a bad late night driver multiple times.

• Agree
Reactions: kilroy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
First of all, if true, I feel awful for the girl. No idea if she willingly put herself in a bad situation or not, but doesn't mean she deserves any sort of sexual assault.

Second - why do I have a feeling if KU bball players are in some way at fault in this, we won't see punishments for a long time.

I hope it never happens, but IF something like this ever happens at ISU, I hope they clean house for all involved, and the fanbase is reasonable enough to condemn the actions of some twisted individuals.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I was looking through KUs roster and was reminded that Tyler Self, Bill's son, is on the team. Coach Self doesn't have an excuse that he doesn't know what's going on off the court. It's about to rain down on Tyler.
there needs to be an "oh snap" or "oh ****" reaction

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
In some states, 16 year olds can be statutory rape, sometimes dependent on an age difference with the child, but I don't think Kansas is one of them.

I'm sure we will get the usual in such cases, delay, which is already happening, and attacking the victim.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I was looking through KUs roster and was reminded that Tyler Self, Bill's son, is on the team. Coach Self doesn't have an excuse that he doesn't know what's going on off the court. It's about to rain down on Tyler.

Just like Kirk knew about the free housing scandal from Brian?

This is Self's default status:
images

Self has plausible deniability, like any coach in a scandal, because he distances himself from any wrongdoing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron