KU Forum Really Hates Iowa State - Sweet 16 Regional in Chicago

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Any chance that you are rooting for KU to win over Providence?

• Yeah, hard NO

Votes: 294 78.8%
  • Sure?

Votes: 79 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

Jeez, apparently our fanbase is really living rent free in the heads of angry KU fans. Haha! (But they don't care about ISU they say? ... LOL, yeah right!)
*I also love how they forget all about the game in Lawrence this year and the obvious goaltend miss call that clearly stole the game late from ISU. Funny, I was in attendance and the BOO birds were strong from THEM that entire game.

Such disrespect from them. The feeling is mutual, we despise them too. They DON'T want to see our team in the Elite 8.

But, they did get one consensus correct about the regional final/weekend, we're not going to root for them.

Personally, I am going to worry about Miami, because they are the team standing in the way of our guys.

CYCLONE WARNING!!

1648058575572.png

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I honestly don't think of the adidas Jayhawks outside of when we play them. They seem to have an inferiority complex that makes them think everyone is in awe of them. Must be since they are the worst football team in all D1

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I'm indifferent. I think both KU and Providence will be tough outs. However, the atmosphere for ISU/KU games, especially those in the Big 12 Tournament in KC, are some of the best I have ever been a part of. To have it in the Elite 8 would be pretty cool.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Don't care either way but it's not like this is KU '97 or something if ISU pulls it off Friday night.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am not heavy into the rivalry stuff except when it comes to the cheating Jayhawks. Since the NCAA won't touch them I just ignore them except for an occasional "**** Kansas" drive by posting on CF. I haven't watched them in years, I even boycott watching them when they play ISU except when I cheat and take a peek for a minute or two. If we both advance it will test my boycott. I would probably have to watch but I'll feel dirty inside doing it.

Oh, just for the record: **** Kansas

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think we've reached rent free status and I'm fine with that. They know we beat them in Lawrence and would rather not risk a 3rd shot.
It's little man syndrome which is understandable when you consider how epically-dogsh*t their football team is.

Reactions: Snydes

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
I love how the famous KU boo birds are projecting that we will boo them.
The projection can be spotted from a mile away, time and time again (without proper authority and jurisdiction) those that accuse others are almost always guilty (of what they accuse) themselves.

• Winner
Reactions: Snydes

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
My biggest concern is not getting a fair shot against KU if we win against Miami. We would get zero calls from the refs, as they will probably be asked to move the blue blood to the Final Four (by the powers that be). If we play Providence, at least there should be no preferential treatment for either team. Either way, I'm more worried about getting past Miami.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
The KU fans I've met in person have been nice. If we lose to Miami I will root for them and Tech to go as far as possible, we get a cut of their paycheck and it makes the conference, and us by extension, look better.

That being said, I think we will beat Miami, and I would pick Providence as our next opponent 10 times out of 10.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
My biggest concern is not getting a fair shot against KU if we win against Miami. We would get zero calls from the refs, as they will probably be asked to move the blue blood to the Final Four (by the powers that be). If we play Providence, at least there should be no preferential treatment for either team. Either way, I'm more worried about getting past Miami.
Completely agree. There is a high likelihood of next level ref jackassness in a place that a large number of Cyclone fans will make the trek too if this situation comes to be. May god have mercy on those refs souls if they prevent us from getting to the final 4 due to some bullsh*t call(s).

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
"Iowa State fans boo while their kids open presents on Christmas morning." - I laughed

In terms of the KU/Providence game , I want Providence to win, just because I'd rather face a team that hasn't played against us twice already. Game film is one thing, but KU's players have experienced the defensive pressure firsthand and know what to expect. Plus, Self is a solid coach with more experience. Providence is obviously a great team, but it's an easy call for me.

Given the option, I would rather face the Friars. However, living where I do, I'd much rather beat the Jayhawks.