KSU most poverty arena in big12?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
They received $60 million pledge from vanier family this week. They have more than isu. Sour grapes.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Very true, but Bramlage today was loud the entire game where I feel like Hilton is not always loud throughout. All of these places are hard to win at.

Just being loud doesn't mean much. Hilton is special because the crowd is dynamic. Sometimes it stinks because people don't react right, but we pick the team up and pick our spots.

I don't know about you but I'd find it harder to study in the library if people started yelling than I would in somewhere really loud.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Just being loud doesn't mean much. Hilton is special because the crowd is dynamic. Sometimes it stinks because people don't react right, but we pick the team up and pick our spots.

I don't know about you but I'd find it harder to study in the library if people started yelling than I would in somewhere really loud.

Library? Strange defense of Hilton here..

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
What is so shocking to me is that so many arenas have bleacher style seating. That. Would. Suck!!! No wonder KU and KSU fans stand so much. Is there anything more uncomfortable than sitting on a metal bleacher that you find in high school gyms??? That just looks low budget to me.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
What is so shocking to me is that so many arenas have bleacher style seating. That. Would. Suck!!! No wonder KU and KSU fans stand so much. Is there anything more uncomfortable than sitting on a metal bleacher that you find in high school gyms??? That just looks low budget to me.

seriously, this is an old school collegiate gym. if you want pretty, go to mizzou arena. you won't soon find it in manhattan, thankfully.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Well if you are talking dynamic, their student section was 10x more dynamic than ours. Btw I am a student in ours. Wish we would get rid of CAC or they would do something to make it better because they do essentially nothing.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
All of their seats are padded besides the student section seats. Our section was right next to the student section which stood most of the time because you could see the other side of the court with the students standing.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Well if you are talking dynamic, their student section was 10x more dynamic than ours. Btw I am a student in ours. Wish we would get rid of CAC or they would do something to make it better because they do essentially nothing.
They weren't on tv. Maybe it doesn't translate very well there.

I would agree on CAC. They are a big problem. It isn't that they drive people away but they prevent anyone from actually leading the students which hurts the atmosphere and that turns people away. The key is to get people who will actually lead instead of using it for front row seats.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
For the guy infatuated with male sex organs a little history on the Pioneer Logo:

"Created in 1964, the DuPont Pioneer trapezoid symbol is made up of two parts – the design and its containing device. The upper part is an abstract plant symbolizing the vigor of the organization; the flower part of the design is a sign for infinity. The entire symbol represents product improvement through continuous research, which speaks for all products and services of Pioneer."

Just thought you might like to know.....

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
All of their seats are padded besides the student section seats. Our section was right next to the student section which stood most of the time because you could see the other side of the court with the students standing.

You talking KSU? They are bleachers on both ends and one sideline. It is a lot more than the student section.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You talking KSU? They are bleachers on both ends and one sideline. It is a lot more than the student section.
correct.

images

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I refuse to critique another court/field within the Big 12 until we add the conference logo to them.
There is a reason for that.

They didn't put it there after the flood because there wasn't stability in the conference. Then they haven't done it because they are getting a new logo next year. I think it should be there next year.