KSU @ KU ticket price

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I just spoke with a friend and regular price for a ticket to this game was $85... I am sure the price wasn't cheaper for the KSU fans buying from their ticket office...

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I am confused? Why do we care?

I can't answer that question for you. I suppose only you can answer why you clicked on the thread, then posted on it?!?!

When I see a thread about Craig Brackens shooting three pointers I don't click on it because I don't have any interest. Now I am curious, whats your story?

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I can't answer that question for you. I suppose only you can answer why you clicked on the thread, then posted on it?!?!

When I see a thread about Craig Brackens shooting three pointers I don't click on it because I don't have any interest. Now I am curious, whats your story?

Well then I'll rephrase the question for him. Why do you care?

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm just honestly curious.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I think we might see something similar to this for next years ISU/Iowa game, if we don't see the same policy as last year.

I'm sure there will be plenty of our own fans willing to shell out $90 for single game tickets. My first year at ISU (2003), I remember student season tickets were like $85.

Just thought it was interesting that the ticket prices so many complained about last year are popping up all over the Big12 this season. Looks like we were their guiena pig.

Reactions: dustinal

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Well then I'll rephrase the question for him. Why do you care?

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm just honestly curious.

I think we should care because the grief we caught for it last year, as a fanbase. It was absurd and our AD was an abomination. Nobody should have to pay that much for ISU/Iowa yada yada yada...

Honestly, nobody has to care. Fact is, you do, otherwise you wouldn't have clicked on the thread. There isn't many other routes the discussion could have gone, unless you were expecting $200 or something. Just my opinion.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
I think we should care because the grief we caught for it last year, as a fanbase. It was absurd and our AD was an abomination. Nobody should have to pay that much for ISU/Iowa yada yada yada...

Honestly, nobody has to care. Fact is, you do, otherwise you wouldn't have clicked on the thread. There isn't many other routes the discussion could have gone, unless you were expecting $200 or something. Just my opinion.

I understand now because of your previous post. And for what it's worth, I agree with you. I think the original post just needed a bit of explanation.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Word. Nice work on that pumpkin, too. I see too many tigerhawk pumpkins over here, if I was 12 years old there wouldn't be as many of them.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Didn't want to start a new thread for Kansas, but does anyone else think KU will finish the season 6-6 and not go bowling? I think they win one more this week and lose their last 3. That's hilarious since they returned so many starters. Just proof last year was a fluke and the countries easiest schedule.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Didn't want to start a new thread for Kansas, but does anyone else think KU will finish the season 6-6 and not go bowling? I think they win one more this week and lose their last 3. That's hilarious since they returned so many starters. Just proof last year was a fluke and the countries easiest schedule.

Last year might have been a fluke, but I don't think they're too broken up about it. After all, they got something out of it that so far us ISU fans can still only dream about - a BCS victory.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE

Everything came together last year for Kansas (great schedule, won close games). A fluke: "Hell No", Kansas was and is a very good Football Team. I'm not sure how many more games they will win, but if KU can get 6 or 7 wins with that schedule, that is pretty good.

I hope Chizik can get ISU to the level that Kansas is at now. That might peeve some ISU fans, but Manginio has a good system and "He is getting the most out of his players".

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Guess what boys...OU @ Okie State ...If you want to buy a ticket to this game you have to buy a SEASON TICKET!!

Now does that sound familiar? Okie State borrowed Jamie Pollard's idea to stick it to their instate rival...Old Jamie started a trend in the big xii for state rival games!!

Way to go Jamie...I luv the idea of sticking to your instate rival!!!

go cyclones and win a game...this season:yes:

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Guess what boys...OU @ Okie State ...If you want to buy a ticket to this game you have to buy a SEASON TICKET!!

Now does that sound familiar? Okie State borrowed Jamie Pollard's idea to stick it to their instate rival...Old Jamie started a trend in the big xii for state rival games!!

Way to go Jamie...I luv the idea of sticking to your instate rival!!!

go cyclones and win a game...this season:yes:

Actually, JP stated that this policy was being done at other schools before ISU adopted it for the Iowa game. So, Jamie is not the first to implement the season ticket required rule.