KState has 19 JUCO's signed

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
So where is that program at, if they need JUCOs.

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
For K-State's sake, I hope all those JUCO recruits first make it to campus and second don't end up being the busts that JUCOs usually end up being. Also, I hope they've got a really good plan for two years from now when they suddenly have 30+ gaping holes in their lineup.

As a Cyclone fan, I'm smiling ear-to-ear when I hear that K-State has signed 19 JUCOs...

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Looks like Prince is betting on the come. If it doesnt work out I think he'll be outta there this year or the next, especially with last years disappointing season.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Given the fact that there class is ranked in the mid-40's I'd say they did alright. Seems a bit more risky, but it worked for Snyder.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
For K-State's sake, I hope all those JUCO recruits first make it to campus and second don't end up being the busts that JUCOs usually end up being. Also, I hope they've got a really good plan for two years from now when they suddenly have 30+ gaping holes in their lineup.

As a Cyclone fan, I'm smiling ear-to-ear when I hear that K-State has signed 19 JUCOs...

Indeed. Based on past JUCO history that means about 10 of them will be able to contribute at the Big 12 level. Rest will either drop out, flunk out, or just won't be good enough.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
The problem with bringing in that many JUCOs is that a lot of times a quarter of them never make it to campus, another quarter will funk out or get in trouble the first semester, and only 6 or 7 of the rest will be good enough to help. Remember how many guys never help the clones in the huge class of jucos Mac took one year?

CyclonesRule

Apr 10, 2006
West Des Moines
Given the fact that there class is ranked in the mid-40's I'd say they did alright. Seems a bit more risky, but it worked for Snyder.

I was going to say the same thing. It worked out very well for Snyder. I think there is also a few high school freshman in each class too that don't pan out as well. You may have a few more years to work with them while they get better, but thats what a Juco does, allows them to play right away for a couple years and then transfer to bigger schools. I don't see anything wrong with bringing in Jucos

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
It looks bad. Other than that, the only thing that matters is results. There's no way to forecast the success until K-State hits the field next year.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Actually Prince had little choice but to hit the Jucos hard. The last five recruiting classes at KSU have been very, very disappointing. To be blunt, Snyder's last 3 classes and Prince's first 2 have sucked. He is taking a big risk but to do otherwise would cost him his job. The Cats would have had no chance of even being mediocre in the Big 12 without a sizable influx of talent ready to play immediately. Prince signing a class of high school talent would have been the same as turning in his resignation.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron