Kostas Antetokounmpo

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
If he signs anywhere, it'll likely be Isu or Memphis. But eligibility issues are scaring people away. He's not signing until spring. Obviously would be a huge get but more of a ? Whether he will ever actually play.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
If he signs anywhere, it'll likely be Isu or Memphis. But eligibility issues are scaring people away. He's not signing until spring. Obviously would be a huge get but more of a ? Whether he will ever actually play.

The amount of time most of these guys play bball you think they would be motivated to be academically elgible. Maybe I'm being a bit judge mental but high school classes aren't overly difficult if you put in a modest effort

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
The amount of time most of these guys play bball you think they would be motivated to be academically elgible. Maybe I'm being a bit judge mental but high school classes aren't overly difficult if you put in a modest effort
Always thought the same thing but I'm guessing the issues here are with him moving to the US in the middle of HS because foreign players seem to be the ones with the most issues with the NCAA.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I don't think either of his older brothers played college ball so he'd be the first to take that route. Giannis and Thanasis both made it to the NBA, Giannis has actually been an important piece in the Bucks' rebuilding process over the last couple years. No idea of his talent, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Kostas work his way to the NBA as well under us.

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
Alex and/or Travis said we're not recruiting him.

And Kostas says Iowa state is recruiting him. . . Honestly don't think we are actively recruiting the kid but he only has two known offers per 247 so him eventually ending up here seems logical.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
He's a skilled 3 or what we call a 4, but he's no 5 and that is what we need. I'll definitely take him, but wouldn't put him in the paint. Would reserve that for more of a beast.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Give me all the guys of this build/skillset that I can get, you can keep the "beasts".