knapp center parking

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
can anyone give me some tips on where to park tomorrow night? i've never been to an event there and have no idea where the parking is at.

thx!

SolonCy

Aug 23, 2008
Was just there for the UpperIowa/Drake exhibition game, my first time there so I stopped to ask campus security. He told me to park in the lot at Forest and 25th. Forest is a main road on the south side of Knapp and 25th is on its east side. I parked in the commuter lot across from Knapp and didn't get towed or ticketed.

Edited: yeah... like I said first and only there and just trying to help the guy out

Last edited:

DUBulldog

Jun 25, 2007
WDM
www.drakenation.com
Was just there for the UpperIowa/Drake exhibition game, my first time there so I stopped to ask campus security. He told me to park in the lot at Forest and 5th. Forest is a main road on the south side of Knapp and 5th is on its east side. I parked in the commuter lot across from Knapp and didn't get towed or ticketed.

I think you mean Forest and 25th. You wouldn't want to walk from 5th and Forest to the Knapp Center. :no:

iowajazz

Nov 25, 2006
Johnston, IA
As a Drake alum, I suggest you don't park east of 24th if you can help it at all. The lots at 25th and Forest are mostly reserved for Drake season ticket holders. You're going to want to get there early on a full house night at the Knapp Center. You will want to see what is available around Forest between 30th and 25th streets. There isn't a lot of good parking in the area unfortunately. With that being said, go eat at Jethroe's BBQ at 32nd and Forest before the game. Best side dishes in town.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I'm already parked on 24th st, next to the Post Office. How's that for getting here early?!

Of course, I have a full day of class, but that's beside the point.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Speaking of going to the game, are food selections at the Knapp any good?

We're pretty much leaving straight after work to drive down.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
A single-shot weapon? Would that really be practical?

To the OP---Thanks for asking this question. This was my question this morning as well.

Is 25th and Forest the best parking lot, or is there another spot?

Only if it's mounted in a group of 8 on top of an armored personnel carrier.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron