Kirk Ferentz's new job title

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Do you think candidates to replace Ferentz will not be interested in the job because it will be called the Moon Family Head Football Coach in press releases the AD sends out? Announcers on air won't be referring to it as that and neither will any stories the media writes about Iowa or its head football coach. Even if they did, I can't see any reason why that would turn off potential candidates.
Papers will, usually a requirement that the University stresses it and media will usually oblige

• Disagree
Reactions: Expert

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
Papers will, usually a requirement that the University stresses it and media will usually oblige

I don't see it at all from news outlets unless it is part of a release that the University sends out. This article is from yesterday and neither Barta or Ferentz are referred to in the article by their official titles.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Do you think candidates to replace Ferentz will not be interested in the job because it will be called the Moon Family Head Football Coach in press releases the AD sends out? Announcers on air won't be referring to it as that and neither will any stories the media writes about Iowa or its head football coach. Even if they did, I can't see any reason why that would turn off potential candidates.

First, yes I do. As an executive recruiter I can tell you a lot of people get hung up on titles.

How widely it will be used remains to be seen but during the Women's NCAA most ESPN people were using Lisa Bluder's new title. (P. Sue Beckwith, MD, Head Women's Basketball Coach) Furthermore, you don't write that kind of check without some clear expectation of execution.

Poor Dolph is going to have to spit out that title 20 times per game. Now he will struggle even more to keep up with the play. If nothing else, ISU fans will use it in front of Iowa fans as a constant remainder of Barta's ineptness.

• Disagree
Reactions: Expert

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
There's a guy with 1.1Mil burning a hole in his pocket. What do you think of the DFS&CC?