Kirk Ferentz

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
What do you guys think of him now? He was the one Hawkeye that I could stand when he first arrived. He made them players in the Big 10 and developed players quickly which you have to respect.

But after questions arise in recruiting scandal, housing for his son, his total lack of control over his team, and his aweful record the past 3 years... I really can't find much respect for him anymore.

Something has to change in Iowa City. How can their fans/university cheer for these guys?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If they have a rough season I think either he finds another job or Barta will be pressured into firing him. For the money he makes they expected better than this.

I like him and think he's been a great coach but a fresh start might be best for all involved if this continues.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
If they have a rough season I think either he finds another job or Barta will be pressured into firing him. For the money he makes they expected better than this.

I like him and think he's been a great coach but a fresh start might be best for all involved if this continues.

I almost feel sorry for the guy

chrishull14

Jan 31, 2007
Cyclone City
I am less impressed with Barta than Ferentz. I think Ferentz's biggest problem is blind faith in his staff. It is interesting that Kirk and Dan started together under Fry and then when they took over the two state schools, the fanbase ended up being completely fractured on what to do with them. I think Barta has hitched his wagon to Ferentz, so there will be no pushing Kirk out the door. Ferentz will either leave on his own, or the academics will step in and clean house. Which would mean Barta and Ferentz are both gone. Obviously, nothing will happen until many many many committees and panels have met.

CYCLONE STATE

Dec 8, 2007
Clive
Kirk Ferentz coaching EIU is one of the best things that could happen for Iowa State football. I wish him the best and hope the administration can continue to look the other way as his convicts....I mean players continue to break the law.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I haven't thought highly about Ferentz ever since he took the EIU job. Anyone with the idiot reasoning skills that would make him choose EIU as a coach is not someone I will ever look well upon. Add in the housing scandal and now the arrests debacle that has happened this year and his punishment being more dependent on what the thug can do on the field then the seriousness of their actions. He's really turned into the typical hawk.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I think Ferentz's biggest problem is blind faith in his staff.

Now here is one thing about people I will never understand. There is a tendency among human beings to NOT blame the person in charge, but to claim that they are being suborned by "bad staff". The Russians prior to the revolution built a legend that it wasn't the Czar, or "Little Father" who made the dumb decisions, but rather the evil advisors around him. Reading through the journals of contemporaries, very few people in Germany blamed Hitler for his outlandish ideas, but rather they were convinced that his staff was doing all that stupid stuff.

Same thing with Stalin. It couldn't be Uncle Joe; it had to be his incompetent/evil/blood-thirsty advisors and staff that were making all the horrific mistakes and murderous policies.

In the words of a marginally competent President with a good reputation, "The Buck Stops Here." If an organization goes into the crapper, it's probably the result of bad leadership by the President and CEO. The fact that those surrounding him or her are a bunch of goons, is just a reflection of the leaders' incompetence.

The mindless followers of the authority figure just don't want to believe that their hero and God-head could be anything but perfect, so they deflect the blame to some evil subordinate.

So who is KF's "Trotsky?"

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Now here is one thing about people I will never understand. There is a tendency among human beings to NOT blame the person in charge, but to claim that they are being suborned by "bad staff". The Russians prior to the revolution built a legend that it wasn't the Czar, or "Little Father" who made the dumb decisions, but rather the evil advisors around him. Reading through the journals of contemporaries, very few people in Germany blamed Hitler for his outlandish ideas, but rather they were convinced that his staff was doing all that stupid stuff.

Same thing with Stalin. It couldn't be Uncle Joe; it had to be his incompetent/evil/blood-thirsty advisors and staff that were making all the horrific mistakes and murderous policies.

In the words of a marginally competent President with a good reputation, "The Buck Stops Here." If an organization goes into the crapper, it's probably the result of bad leadership by the President and CEO. The fact that those surrounding him or her are a bunch of goons, is just a reflection of the leaders' incompetence.

The mindless followers of the authority figure just don't want to believe that their hero and God-head could be anything but perfect, so they deflect the blame to some evil subordinate.

So who is KF's "Trotsky?"

Should we be hiding the icepicks? (Or are they called IC-picks for this thread?)