Kirk Ferentz refuses to take a paycut

May 7, 2020
I meant what do they say about I as a person. Sorry I should have been more clear.

May 7, 2020
JP4CY, you act like his donating to charities should be ignored when the discussion is about how greedy KF is.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
His style and strengths running their program guarantees them almost always being a top 25 team but does limit them in some ways. He's not as bad lately but the overly conservative play calling cost them a lot of games for long period.

It'll probably be good for ISU when he retires if you're in the camp that success compared to Iowa is helpful to ISU. I used to think it mattered but lately I think Iowa could be a top 5 team or usually be last in the Big Ten and it wouldn't affect ISU much.
Chief among them scheduling.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
KKKap'n KKKirKKK allowed the the CR Gaz to release the story now. He figures collective amnesia will allow a pass on his greed.

He plays 9 dimension chess,.....as far as that fan base can think.

Last edited:

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
AD's at 2 different Iowa Regent universities ask their coaches to consider taking voluntary pay cuts to help their athletic departments avoid layoffs in the midst of a global pandemic. Both of the head football coaches are publicly credited with doing their part to help save their respective departments.

However, the one who's the highest paid doesn't follow through on his commitment, while the lesser paid head coach not only honors his commitment, but he goes well beyond it to save all the other coaches on his staff from having to make the same sacrifice.

Is it any wonder why one institution has a 5 star culture while the other is facing yet another multimillion dollar lawsuit?

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
JP4CY, you act like his donating to charities should be ignored when the discussion is about how greedy KF is.
I think the discussion is more about how tone deaf, aloof, arrogant, stubborn, and disconnected from reality Kirk Ferentz is. I've always felt it's pretty easy to gauge quickly that he does not come off as a salt-of-earth approachable everyman type. He's always had a tightly buttoned up above it all demeanor. It's fairly self-evident, and that in of itself has always been a bad look to many, especially outside the program.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
Not a good look for KF, but let's not act like he isn't generous.

When asked if Ferentz donated to the UI Center for Advancement to help with the deficit, Henderson said:

“Mary and Kirk Ferentz contributed to the department’s savings goal through their previous philanthropic commitment of $400,000 to support football letterwinner initiatives. The commitment was established in June, 2019, and pledge payments of $100,000 have been received in December 2019 and 2020.”

“In addition,” he said, “Mary and Kirk have provided nearly $1 million in private support to the Athletics Department, including a $500,000 contribution to the Kinnick Edge campaign,” referring to a fundraising drive that began in early 2017.
Otherwise known as “tax deductions”

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
AD's at 2 different Iowa Regent universities ask their coaches to consider taking voluntary pay cuts to help their athletic departments avoid layoffs in the midst of a global pandemic. Both of the head football coaches are publicly credited with doing their part to help save their respective departments.

However, the one who's the highest paid doesn't follow through on his commitment, while the lesser paid head coach not only honors his commitment, but he goes well beyond it to save all the other coaches on his staff from having to make the same sacrifice.

Is it any wonder why one institution has a 5 star culture while the other is facing yet another multimillion dollar lawsuit?
This

Reactions: Statefan10

Help Support Us

Become a patron