Kirk Ferentz lawsuit

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
https://www.apnews.com/f47db22d3a8e...Ferentz-faces-an-unusual-rival:-his-neighbors

A Feb. 6 trial is scheduled in a lawsuit that pits the nation’s longest-tenured college football coach and his wife against the three other families who live along a private road outside Iowa City. A judge is expected to decide whether the Ferentzes breached a 2001 agreement and trespassed by planting trees and installing landscaping items that neighbors say encroach onto Saddle Club Road.

The lawsuit is part of a long-running dispute in which Ferentz and his wife, Mary, have been portrayed as difficult, stingy and privacy-obsessed, clashing with their image as friendly philanthropists who support the Iowa Children’s Hospital.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Starting to notice a them out East

Neighbors John and Ann Marie Buatti proposed subdividing their 20-acre property for a development that would include a road resurfacing and extension. They wanted space for their children to ride bikes.

Mary Ferentz objected, saying she wanted the road kept gravel and the neighborhood to remain rural for privacy reasons.

“What I remember distinctly is she looked at me and said, ‘No, you don’t understand who I am.’ ... I was a little bit taken back,” John Buatti testified. “For me it was the safety of my children, not who she was or why that would matter.”

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
IMG_9578.jpg

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Mary Ferentz objected, saying she wanted the road kept gravel and the neighborhood to remain rural for privacy reasons.

“What I remember distinctly is she looked at me and said, ‘No, you don’t understand who I am.’ ... I was a little bit taken back,” John Buatti testified. “For me it was the safety of my children, not who she was or why that would matter.”

My guess is Mary wasn't saying this in a "I'm better than you"-way, I'm sure she meant it in the: "my husband is the most famous person in this state, and making it easier for Hawkeye nut jobs to get to my home is a danger to not only my family, but to yours as well"

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
well I don't know about you guys, but now I kinda want to see what all the fuss is about. Maybe charter a bus or two, do some tailgating and just take in all the sights and sounds of what sounds like a wonderful area.

May the Ferentzzsszzsszzss would have been wise to just be quiet and play along nicely with the neighbors...instead of drawing attention to their place.

IDK...I guess I'd rather be rich than stupid.