Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
However, the report said there was skepticism among current players that the changes would be lasting … “and that for change to be permanent, it must come from (Kirk) Ferentz and go ‘down the line.’”

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...k-ferentz-chris-doyle-racial-bias/5540885002/

Well that sort of throws a curveball into the whole "every current player believes Kirk deserves a chance" narrative.
Yea in the conclusion it reads that current players were uniform in their view that the program has implemented immediate and positive change but are cautiously optimistic that the coaching staff is listening to their concerns and having genuine conversations.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
This is the point at which either something that was in a back pocket comes out that strongly refutes the findings, or this all goes away as was the plan.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
The only way Kirk is going to lose his job at this point, is if the regents get involved. I'm sure the looming class action lawsuit will get their attention.

Reactions: motorcy90

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
One player. What does that have to do with this particular thread?

I hate when either fanbase blows comments like this out of proportion. So what if a player wants to beat a rival? There is nothing wrong with that. This whole competition to prove who cares less is incredibly stupid. If you only play 12 games, you're God damn right I would want to win every single one of them.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Also, I'm guessing the Robert T Green crew will continue to drip out statements all throughout the season. This isn't going away despite what KKKirk wants.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Also, I'm guessing the Robert T Green crew will continue to drip out statements all throughout the season. This isn't going away despite what KKKirk wants.

I don't think there will be a reason to drip out the statements after the press conference today. If he has something major it will come out and show how bad TOE has stepped on their own *****.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Then why did Doyle get fired?

Because almost certainly his separation agreement contained a gag order assures he can never speak on this topic. Thus, firing Doyle has the optics that we "did something" AND mitigated future exposure. IMO it's the only smart thing Barta has done since this started.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
However, the report said there was skepticism among current players that the changes would be lasting … “and that for change to be permanent, it must come from (Kirk) Ferentz and go ‘down the line.’”

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...k-ferentz-chris-doyle-racial-bias/5540885002/

Well that sort of throws a curveball into the whole "every current player believes Kirk deserves a chance" narrative.

Current players are skeptical, but some on the team made some robotic statements that their current coach, with a record of blackballing players with his NFL connections, is capable leading the necessary change.

Former players, even those with accusations included a couple that said they should clean house, a few that have said KF is capable of making the necessary changes, but a vast majority have remained silent on the matter.

The local media turn that to "Current and former players, even those that made accusations overwhelmingly support KF and believe he is the guy to lead this change."

This has never been the truth, but they keep parroting this. The best you can say is that there has NOT been an overwhelming call for KF to be fired by former players, and certainly not from current players. But the fact is there simply has not been broad support stating that KF should be retained. It was very clear how this was going to go after McNutt was first interviewed. Him saying that KF did not necessarily need to be let go, and that he believed KF was capable of making changes in the program turned into some statement of not just support, but that KF was uniquely qualified as THE guy needed to make this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron