Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbob79clone

From the ESPN article:

At practice, Doyle ordered Johnson-Koulianos to jog around the field with a large yellow trash can covering his head.

Later...

LeBron Daniel, a defensive end for Iowa at the time, watched the scene unfold with his teammates.

"We all just looked and were shaking our heads," said Daniel, one of eight people at the practice who verified the incident to ESPN. "During water breaks, guys would be talking about, 'Hey, what the F is that?' A humiliating thing."

Someone even took a photo, which Doyle would later display in his office, sources told ESPN.

"When kids would go in there, you'd see this picture," Johnson-Koulianos said. "He has it up there like he's proud, like a trophy."

But, but Brodie0 says there are players that refute this. He of course chooses to believe them not the ones who have gone on the record with ESPN as they are not to be believed.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
AM 1600 in CR this afternoon had Mark Dukes speaking with our favorite POS Scott Dochterman. You wanna talk about disgusting.

Dochterman had spoken with former Iowa player Lomax, and although Lomax brought up many of the racist things that were happening at Iowa, Dochterman stressed that Lomax also commented about how some players reports were exaggerated.

Okay fine. But that's just one player's account out of 60 Scott. And Lomax wasn't exactly exonnerating KF of being a racist either Scott. But boy was Dukes loving what Dochterman was spewing forth. And both were laughing off Robert T. Green as well.... and both basically agreed he was only trying to get rich off of this.

But what really irked me the most was Dochterman saying the "review" should be out sometime next week, and he admitted it probably would not make the Iowa program look good, so his advice was for them to rip the band aid off quick and deal with the negative press for a couple days...... and then it would likely go away.

Yeah.... who cares if a bunch of young black men were treated like crap and demeaned by the coaching staff at Iowa for 20 years..... just hope it goes away after a couple of days, am I right?? Disgusting!!

And to end the show, Dukes and Dochterman went on about how awesome the Iowa team will be this year....... with Dochterman saying the offense was the most talented it's been in at least 10 years. Again..... who cares about all the racism..... the team looks good again this season!!!! Yipppeee!!

Local media around here.... outside of the ONLY actual one doing their job in Rob Howe.... are just terrible.

Reactions: irish and jmclone

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
From the ESPN article:

At practice, Doyle ordered Johnson-Koulianos to jog around the field with a large yellow trash can covering his head.

Later...

LeBron Daniel, a defensive end for Iowa at the time, watched the scene unfold with his teammates.

"We all just looked and were shaking our heads," said Daniel, one of eight people at the practice who verified the incident to ESPN. "During water breaks, guys would be talking about, 'Hey, what the F is that?' A humiliating thing."

Someone even took a photo, which Doyle would later display in his office, sources told ESPN.

"When kids would go in there, you'd see this picture," Johnson-Koulianos said. "He has it up there like he's proud, like a trophy."

Yup, and I’m telling you that’s not what actually happened. I would be willing to bet you could find a lot more than 8 former teammates willing to attest to that.

kcbob79clone

I've changed my mind. I don't think the Husch Blackwell report will be done anytime soon. They are billing at a rate of $675/hour and had to love when the HN FOIA article was written last week and ESPN article was written yesterday. Gave them excuses to delay the report, identified more people to interview, etc. all at $675/hour. Gotta love those billables.

That is of course if Iowa University pays them lol

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yup, and I’m telling you that’s not what actually happened. I would be willing to bet you could find a lot more than 8 former teammates willing to attest to that.

BrodieO..... do you believe that KF had at least two opportunities to fix the racial discrimination going on inside his program, but never did it?

We all know he knew about it in 2018 and did nothing.... KF himself has admitted that. Now McNutt is also saying KF knew about it in 2010 and did nothing as well.

So do you believe that? If so, it's your take then that KF deserves a third chance to prove he can do the right thing and treat black players the same as white players?

And why should someone deserve a third chance to not be a racist anymore? How many more kids need to be treated like this before it ACTUALLY gets changed?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I also find it interesting that back in 2013, DJK tweeted that Ferentz ordered him to put the trash can on his head, but now he alleged that it was Doyle? The guy can’t even keep his own stories straight.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
BrodieO..... do you believe that KF had at least two opportunities to fix the racial discrimination going on inside his program, but never did it?

We all know he knew about it in 2018 and did nothing.... KF himself has admitted that. Now McNutt is also saying KF knew about it in 2010 and did nothing as well.

So do you believe that? If so, it's your take then that KF deserves a third chance to prove he can do the right thing and treat black players the same as white players?

And why should someone deserve a third chance to not be a racist anymore? How many more kids need to be treated like this before it ACTUALLY gets changed?

In 2018, KF made the changes that his black players told him they wanted him to take. No one brought up any of these more serious issues.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I also find it interesting that back in 2013, DJK tweeted that Ferentz ordered him to put the trash can on his head, but now he alleged that it was Doyle? The guy can’t even keep his own stories straight.
So the players ESPN talked to are lying? Got it.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
In 2018, KF made the changes that his black players told him they wanted him to take. No one brought up any of these more serious issues.

Oh yeah... that's right.... I forgot about that. KF had no idea what was going on inside his own program, am I right? The guy that can remember every play from every Iowa game he's coached there just can't remember any of the racist stuff for some reason?

I mean, he never went to practice and saw and heard what was going on, right? Never was in any meetings and saw how kids were treated, right? Never saw or heard anything on the sidelines all those years, right?

Quit being so gullible Brodie.... it's a terrible look for you.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
I mean I don't think you could read the report Howe got and think "What these guys need is the ability to wear sweatshirts, nothing more nothing less." If Ferentz read the report like he said, it's pretty plain to see that the main issue wasn't dress code.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I mean I don't think you could read the report Howe got and think "What these guys need is the ability to wear sweatshirts, nothing more nothing less." If Ferentz read the report like he said, it's pretty plain to see that the main issue wasn't dress code.
I'm sure Brodie is very upset Iowa didnt give Howe the whole report too.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
This question has been working around my mind,......is there anybody out there who thinks that Cap'n Kirk did anything other than continuing the "program" brought to eiu by the previous coaching regime?

I, for one, think not. That moves the needle from 20+years to 41 years of a racist program.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This question has been working around my mind,......is there anybody out there who thinks that Cap'n Kirk did anything other than continuing the "program" brought to eiu by the previous coaching regime?

I, for one, think not. That moves the needle from 20+years to 41 years of a racist program.

That would not surprise me one bit. I think it's been the "Iowa Way" for a long time..... it just also happens to be very racist and demeaning towards black athletes. They want all the kids acting the same way.... the "good, white, disciplined, hard working way"..... although skin color and culture have nothing to do with that. They don't want anyone being themselves and being an individual. They all have to conform.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I'm not sure who Ryan Moon is that CyTwins referenced above, but his point is what I have really noted about this whole situation. People like Brodie or Triangle are not just inexplicable outliers. They actually represent almost the entire fan base that just sees this as an exaggerated nuisance that needs to disappear so conference-only 7-3 season can get underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.