Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbob79clone

No one is disputing that there were racial issues in the Iowa program. The program has taken steps to address those issues and will continue to take further action going forward. The current players, and many former players, seem to think that Kirk is the right person to lead those changes. That’s good enough for me.

The purpose of bringing up Lomax’s comments is to point out that most of the outlandish stories - the ones that many of you point to in support of your assertions that KF, BF, etc. need to be fired - are sensationalized or flat out fabricated.

So you were OK with the racist issues in the past as long as they won? The only problem you see is that this racism has come to be known by multiple media outlets. WOW

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Literally no one is doing that.

I'm going to try to be civil for a moment, because I'm genuinely curious your line of thinking.

When someone like Kluver or Lomax or Daniels say a story is embellished, what does that accomplish in your mind, keeping in mind there are over 5 dozen people who have spoke out about this? What does a few people who had a different experience or recollection prove? I mean, it is possible that different people had different experiences, correct? Does that really do anything to disprove those who believe Iowa football was racist?

So Kluver, Lomax, Daniels, whoever have different experiences or recollections, does that negate what 60+ others have said in your mind?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I just find it comical that after attempts to smear the character of anyone you don't agree with, you use Washed Up Walkons as a source when they very obviously have an agenda to push.

This is such a ridiculous post, I don’t even know where to start.

Pointing out that someone is exaggerating a story, or that they are not telling the truth, is not an attempt to smear their character.

Further, I am not using the Washed Up Walkons podcast to prove anything. I am bringing them up because their statements corroborate and support the claims of James Daniels and Jordan Lomax.

Finally, it’s hilarious that you would accuse the Washed Up Walkon guys of having an agenda to push, yet you never once questioned the agenda of Robert T. Green or some of the former players who have come forward with outlandish or obviously false claims.

kcbob79clone

Pointing out that someone is exaggerating a story, or that they are not telling the truth, is not an attempt to smear their character.

Further, I am not using the Washed Up Walkons podcast to prove anything. I am bringing them up because their statements corroborate and support the claims of James Daniels and Jordan Lomax.

Finally, it’s hilarious that you would accuse the Washed Up Walkon guys of having an agenda to push, yet you never once questioned the agenda of Robert T. Green or some of the former players who have come forward with outlandish or obviously false claims.

For your amusement folks we show the results of a Kirkwood education!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
No one is disputing that there were racial issues in the Iowa program. The program has taken steps to address those issues and will continue to take further action going forward. The current players, and many former players, seem to think that Kirk is the right person to lead those changes. That’s good enough for me.

The purpose of bringing up Lomax’s comments is to point out that most of the outlandish stories - the ones that many of you point to in support of your assertions that KF, BF, etc. need to be fired - are sensationalized or flat out fabricated.
Everything is fine guys! The old man who who failed to follow up with a committee driving change last year is definitely super serious about changing how he runs his program. For like 2 seconds just take a look at this from an HR viewpoint and explain to me why Kirk would even be given another chance?

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix

No one is disputing that? I'm going to choose to not believe that blanket statement.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Name one. I think you may equate "outlandish and obviously false" with something you don't agree with.

The Washed Up Walkon guys opinion is fine. Go ahead and give one. But they've made it apparent they are protect Kirk at all cost types, and I guess I'm not too concerned about the experience of a white player in a discussion about how black players were treated. To me, I don't need to know much more about their opinion when they try to dismiss what was obvious racism as "discipline" and "culture". Please. Because the Iowa Way worked well for you, doesn't mean it wasn't damaging.

And, like so many others, and I'll admit myself in that group, the Washed on Walkons have confirmation bias. We all want evidence that fits our perceptions. So they are going to latch on to anything that shows there wasn't a pervasive race issue, and to me that's the definition of an agenda.

Moral of the story is if you want to give the perception you're amenable to change, don't do what you're doing. Don't do what the Washed Up Walkons are doing. Don't try to discredit and disprove tiny details in the face of what is overwhelming evidence. It looks petty and it looks defensive. If anyone truly cared about the program moving forward they'd quit with this and listen for a change.

Reactions: Cyforce

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

That is NOT what 'Lo said at all. You are outright spreading lies.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
I'm going to try to be civil for a moment, because I'm genuinely curious your line of thinking.

When someone like Kluver or Lomax or Daniels say a story is embellished, what does that accomplish in your mind, keeping in mind there are over 5 dozen people who have spoke out about this? What does a few people who had a different experience or recollection prove? I mean, it is possible that different people had different experiences, correct? Does that really do anything to disprove those who believe Iowa football was racist?

So Kluver, Lomax, Daniels, whoever have different experiences or recollections, does that negate what 60+ others have said in your mind?

The vast majority of the players who spoke out noted that the culture of the program is insensitive to black athletes. That’s a serious problem, and it needs to be fixed. The fact that some former players have embellished their stories does not change any of that.

However, the embellished stories have the effect of propagating false information and intensifying the issue, making it seem like the entire Iowa coaching staff is full of virulent racists when that simply is not the case.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
It is our job from now on whenever a HoKKKs troll posts here we ask them if they are OK with supporting a racist athletic department. If we start getting grief from them in public we ask them the same question.
So Iowa fans should just stop supporting the players that are currently there?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So Iowa fans should just stop supporting the players that are currently there?
No. That would be un-called for. You're rooting for the Iowa Hawkeyes, NOT the Iowa Kirk Ferentz's. You can support the school and the team without bending over backwards for a coach that's still there.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
No. You should actually START supporting them.
What should I do differently as a fan? The everyday fan didn't know all of this stuff before Daniels said something. Were we supporting a racist program when we didn't know anything about any of this?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The vast majority of the players who spoke out noted that the culture of the program is insensitive to black athletes. That’s a serious problem, and it needs to be fixed. The fact that some former players have embellished their stories does not change any of that.

However, the embellished stories have the effect of propagating false information and intensifying the issue, making it seem like the entire Iowa coaching staff is full of virulent racists when that simply is not the case.

Just re-read your post. Minimizing what the players have told their stories have said as "insensitive". But stating that "embellished stories have effect of propagating false information." Again, you're cherry picking what supports your theory. And I do think we've gone well past "racial insensitive", especially given Kirk's outright refusal to make meaningful changes when confronted with the issue. That's not insensitivity.

So to summarize, you're fine with people telling their story as long as it stops at "insensitivity". Go beyond that? You're lying.

So what makes you so sure Kluver and Lomax and Daniels are telling the truth? Particular to the ESPN article on DJK, it says 8 people corroborated the incident?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

What false information is be spread? Clearly Kirk has certain opinions/presumptions of black people that shall we say comes across as racist. Kirk and the staff aren't the fu***** victims here bub.

Status
Not open for further replies.