Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Is it deflecting when you want all involved held accountable and held to the same standard? The players should be just as pissed at those guys for not helping them stand up for what they felt was wrong. The assistants are closer to the players than the head coach.

Or they aren’t morons and know that a position coach going to KF to say that his best buddy and son are racist is probably not going to work out well for their careers.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Is anything I said in that statement not accurate? Are there not posts saying the law firm chosen is biased and questioning their ability to do their job? Are there not fans questioning the timing of the investigation? Are there not people on here questioning why more players haven't been interviewed? It's not hard to find examples of all of these things.

No, it's totally accurate that people are questioning this. But there's a reason behind it...we've seen this before. Doyle puts 13 players in the hospital, iowa does an "internal" investigation and magically finds that they did no wrong. And then KF gives Doyle a one time only assistant coach of the year award as basically a big F U to anyone questioning him. I'm sorry, but he has a nice history of either sweeping things under the rug or playing dumb when anyone questions him. Forgive ISU fans for being skeptical of the whole thing.

Maybe the "investigation" will be a little more serious now that the ESPN article and Howe's FOI was published, but until then, most of us thought of it as a way to defuse the whole situation after Doyle was made the scapegoat.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
No, it's totally accurate that people are questioning this. But there's a reason behind it...we've seen this before. Doyle puts 13 players in the hospital, iowa does an "internal" investigation and magically finds that they did no wrong. And then KF gives Doyle a one time only assistant coach of the year award as basically a big F U to anyone questioning him. I'm sorry, but he has a nice history of either sweeping things under the rug or playing dumb when anyone questions him. Forgive ISU fans for being skeptical of the whole thing.

Maybe the "investigation" will be a little more serious now that the ESPN article and Howe's FOI was published, but until then, most of us thought of it as a way to defuse the whole situation after Doyle was made the scapegoat.

Yeah, i doubt anything will come of it. These 'independent' investigations know who is writing the check.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Yeah, i doubt anything will come of it. These 'independent' investigations know who is writing the check.

Sure, but they also have to think about future clients. There are a lot of eyes on this especially after the ESPN article. If they just come out an exonerate KF, they are going to lose a lot of credibility.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Sure, but they also have to think about future clients. There are a lot of eyes on this especially after the ESPN article. If they just come out an exonerate KF, they are going to lose a lot of credibility.

It's going to come back murky.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Future clients who also want their troubles pushed under the rug?

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

I have a friend that is not a lawyer, but works for high profile management consulting firm, McKinsey. He says they are periodically retained to investigate high level corporate malfeasance or incompetence.

His opinion is that you will be able to immediately tell if this law firm was directed to provide cover or not. Instead of just providing findings, if there is a concluding section on “Recommendations”, he would suspect the firm was helping in a coverup.

A bullet list of 8 - 10 recommendations on ways to improve the culture of Iowa football allows Barta and KKKirk to hold a press conference and immediately say they will adopt the recommendations. Thereby establishing a path forward that includes KKKirk.

NEPatriotscy

Sep 3, 2006
I've read enough to see that the law firm chosen does not meet the standards of ISU fans. The timing does not meet the standards of ISU fans. The depth and number of interviews do not meet the standards of ISU fans.
Will you quit beating around the bush. It's very simple:1) Has Iowa had a racist culture for 21 years under Ferentz or not? 2) Did Ferentz lie when he said in the June press conference that not one black player had complained to him about mistreatment and inequality? The answer is a resounding YES to me on both questions. If the answer is YES, shouldn't K. Ferentz and his son be fired? How much proof do you need? If something like this happened at ISU, I would immediately cancel my season tickets and demand that a total shakeup is needed. No ifs or buts!

NEPatriotscy

Sep 3, 2006
Just got caught up with all the news since Fales being Fales. What a horrible take and he couldn't have timed it any worse to say that when the ESPN article came out the next morning. He has egg on his face and he knows it (surprise, he didn't show up to his show on KXNO). You know Keith Murphy and the Channel 13 crew is feeling the heat because now they went from ignoring people who tell them to cover the story to "let's see what the investigation says". They don't want to be the ones to find the dirt on Kirk.

Not a good day for the "Kirk is a good man" crowd. There are going to be a ton more eyes on the results of this "review" than Iowa expected.
Keith Murphy, Andy Fales, and ALL the local media are spineless on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron