Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
That Kirk is a habitual liar.

To me I think it's more he just wants to live in his bubble where he gets football players, makes them conform to his system, and produces results. When he has seen smoke of issues, he looks around and doesn't see any outright fires (until this summer) so goes back to his bubble figuring the smoke will clear. He doesn't realize things have been smoldering below the surface for quite some time.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I think KF is guilty of negligence but I do not believe he is a racist. Negligence is enough to get a person fired especially when it's gone on for years.

It is clearly documented he built a program founded on institutional racism towards black players over two decades.

At what point in time to you take off your blinders and call him out. For that matter, what would you call people like yourself that continually support a man that lorded over a racist program? I know what I would call you.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
51% so far think the same or more of KF after all this? That says a lot.

That poll will jump around, but that current screen shot of it actually says it's 49.5% to 51.5%. The latter being those who think less of Kirk.

Reactions: aauummm

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Is Kelvin Bell racist? Is Levar Woods racist? Is Kelton Copeland racist? They've all been there several years. Levar Woods left at one point and came back. Do you think he does that if he feels the program is run by a racist?

Gee, I wonder why AA coaches wouldn't bring racism issues to Ferentz...

https://www.thegazette.com/2013/01/03/reports-campbell-out-in-iowa-city

Kevonte’ Martin-Manley
@KMM_11

Erik “Soup” Campbell coached/recruited the top 3 Wide Receivers(statistically) in the ENTIRE HISTORY of the Iowa Football program(in 4 seasons) and was forced to leave based on invalid, biased, and racial opinions from the current HC and OC. New leadership is a must. #GOHAWKS

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
That poll will jump around, but that current screen shot of it actually says it's 49.5% to 51.5%. The latter being those who think less of Kirk.
I had to vote "same" because I've known KKKirk was a POS to begin with. As the old saying goes, "you can't fall off the floor".

Reactions: irish

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Gee, I wonder why AA coaches wouldn't bring racism issues to Ferentz...

https://www.thegazette.com/2013/01/03/reports-campbell-out-in-iowa-city

Kevonte’ Martin-Manley
@KMM_11

Erik “Soup” Campbell coached/recruited the top 3 Wide Receivers(statistically) in the ENTIRE HISTORY of the Iowa Football program(in 4 seasons) and was forced to leave based on invalid, biased, and racial opinions from the current HC and OC. New leadership is a must. #GOHAWKS
That article doesn't tell us anything.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
To me I think it's more he just wants to live in his bubble where he gets football players, makes them conform to his system, and produces results. When he has seen smoke of issues, he looks around and doesn't see any outright fires (until this summer) so goes back to his bubble figuring the smoke will clear. He doesn't realize things have been smoldering below the surface for quite some time.
The problem with this idea is the arsonist most culpable has been with him from the start. Called the fire starter most significant strength coach in the country. Gave him huge pay. Made excuses for him. Mad minority players apologize when the advocated against said racism.

Your analogy is akin to a fire chief that is really bummed that his number one district chief was the one starting the fires that his department put out.

Last edited:
Reactions: mj4cy

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Couldn't "same" be grouped with "less" just as easily as with "more"? Meaning, if someone already has a low opinion of KF, and this reinforces their already low opinion? Maybe splitting the "same" category into "just as bad" and "just as good", and "no opinion" would give a more accurate skewing...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Couldn't "same" be grouped with "less" just as easily as with "more"? Meaning, if someone already has a low opinion of KF, and this reinforces their already low opinion? Maybe splitting the "same" category into "just as bad" and "just as good", and "no opinion" would give a more accurate skewing...
Very true. This poll assumes everyone has always had a positive opinion of KF.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
That article doesn't tell us anything.

Coupled with Martin-Manley's comments it certainly does.

Imagine being so dense that you, despite dozens and dozens of players asserting racism, feel the fact he employed a few AA coaches disproves that racism. Imagine thinking that because a well paid employee doesn't want to risk his job, that means the racism doesn't exist.

Reactions: aauummm

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Last week Howe got a FOIA request and posted the full 2018 Diversity report. In that there was new information that wasn't presented before. Last week there was also another allegation brought forth. This week, the ESPN article had a statement from Ojemudia who had not commented yet. The statement from McNutt was new in which he discussed players from his time bringing up similar issues to Kirk.

There's been quite a bit of new information actually.

Martin Manley today too. He's beloved by Iowa fans and called for Kirk to be fired

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC
Status
Not open for further replies.