Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I posted this in a different thread but I wanted to share what I heard yesterday

Things aren't going as smoothly as they hoped inside those walls I've been told. If nothing comes out of this "review" things will get interesting. There's multiple players currently on the team the want Brian out plus not having a legit strength coach is an issue they're trying to figure out

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I posted this in a different thread but I wanted to share what I heard yesterday

Things aren't going as smoothly as they hoped inside those walls I've been told. If nothing comes out of this "review" things will get interesting. There's multiple players currently on the team the want Brian out plus not having a legit strength coach is an issue they're trying to figure out
probably why there hasn't been much news/info about it.... again if there was enough to fire Doyle without a review to begin with.....

kcbob79clone

https://www.press-citizen.com/sports/

and just like that if you went to the Iowa City Press Citizen's sports page, you would have no idea there have been 50+ accusations of over two decades of at best a negligent/bullying culture.

Very few articles in any local Iowa media @DMRsports @CRGazetteSports @ICPCsports @DISportsDesk @weareiowa

It's like it doesn't exist if we don't report on it.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA

Does anyone outside of a few tavern hawks really believe that Kirk is capable of significant change?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Does anyone outside of a few tavern hawks really believe that Kirk is capable of significant change?

He is down to his last couple years. He was trying to cement his legacy and burrow his kids, and their families, into lucrative careers. Problem is hot-headed baby ferentz, kinda got the top tore off this mess and now all of that stuff is in jeopardy if too much comes out.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

I think the only change that a lot of tavern hoks fear is a Lickliter type hire if Capt. Kirk does not survive this.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Agree to disagree. Doyle was an a-hole to everyone. Some of his comments towards black players were racially insensitive and crossed the line. You view that as treating black players differently because of their race, I just view it as him being an a-hole (FWIW, this is the view held by Adrian Clayborn too).

So Archie Bunker wasn't a racist because he called his son-in-law meat head. That's a really ****** up point of view.

Did you ever consider ******** can also be racists?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
"Before I wrap this up, I want to address some of the ignorant social media posts I’ve seen recently. As usual, fanboys jumped to the defense of the program. They brought up Black players who the program sent to the NFL. Other posts mentioned Black players who returned for their senior seasons. Interestingly enough, they never referenced Wadley or Morrow’s stories. So for those people, let me explain something to you. When it comes to something like racism, the ends don’t justify the means. It’s that simple. That goes for everyone, regardless of race or social status. An institution that exhibits and enables a destructive culture for the sake of winning should be rebuked and remade from the top down. If you can’t agree with that, then you have personal problems.

The issue at hand is much bigger than any football game."

I wonder who he's talking about here...

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Former Iowa players that are black are now considered tavern hawks?
This cat is white so not sure how this data analysis will sit with you.
If you haven’t taken any Six Sigma classes, you might be confused by the chart above, so let me explain the results. Let’s focus on the very bottom number, the P-value.

When the P-value is less than 5% or 0.05 (which is true in this case, P-value = 0.042), then we can conclude that there is a statistical difference between Blacks and White/Non-Blacks. Black players have a statistically lower chance of finishing the program than Non-Blacks. There IS a real problem in the Iowa football program.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
This cat is white so not sure how this data analysis will sit with you.
If you haven’t taken any Six Sigma classes, you might be confused by the chart above, so let me explain the results. Let’s focus on the very bottom number, the P-value.

When the P-value is less than 5% or 0.05 (which is true in this case, P-value = 0.042), then we can conclude that there is a statistical difference between Blacks and White/Non-Blacks. Black players have a statistically lower chance of finishing the program than Non-Blacks. There IS a real problem in the Iowa football program.

I don't think anybody is disputing the point in red. That's why KF started to discuss the graduation/retention rates of black players a couple years ago, silly.

You quoted my response to someone questioning if KF can make changes to the program. Several former players that are black support him in being the one to make changes. A lot more former players that have spoken out about this want KF in charge of the program moving forward than want to see KF fired.

Sorry that part doesn't fit your agenda.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
"Time for Action
Ferentz has promised to listen to his players, but that’s not enough. Actions speak louder than words. If Ferentz is sincere, he should start by reprimanding his son. That would go a long way in sending a message that he is serious about change and would help repair his image with his players. Time will tell if Ferentz is sincere in his approach."

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
"Time for Action
Ferentz has promised to listen to his players, but that’s not enough. Actions speak louder than words. If Ferentz is sincere, he should start by reprimanding his son. That would go a long way in sending a message that he is serious about change and would help repair his image with his players. Time will tell if Ferentz is sincere in his approach."

Where is that quote from?

Status
Not open for further replies.