Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
60+ former players are not asserting racism against KF.

And you just called what she did a money grab.

If you can't see the difference in the Moody situation and Ferentz's I can't help you. Bill was never found to have done anything wrong, and the settlement specifically stated that he had not done anything wrong. It was a very small settlement relative to what likely could have been won at trial.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's absolutely no indication he was actually racist towards Moody, right? If I'm wrong I'd gladly be corrected.

"Money grab" may be a little harsh, but I do think there were financial motives at play that don't appear to be at play with the Iowa players coming forward, at least as of yet.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
What a disingenuous argument.

do you think, with what you have seen and heard, the culture of the program is racist?

Why is it disingenuous? It's an observation and thus far a true statement.

I don't personally think KF is racist but he has obviously allowed things to happen under his watch. You can ask Levar Woods, Bell, Copeland, etc. if they think he is racist. They are African Americans who are very close to KF and his family.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
who has set the culture of football program at Iowa for the last 21 years?
IMO, someone who is racist can't hide their true self or feelings for years. They can't spend the amount of time a head football coach does around athletes and coaches of different ethnicities and not at some point do something that would be offensive. I'd honestly like to hear from some of the AA coaches who spend several hours a week with KF. Obviously some things have happened under his watch and if he is punished for that, I'm supportive of that decision.

At the end of the day, I support the student athletes no matter who the coach is.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If KF only had DJK’s accusation against him, and every other player known to man that played for KF backed KF up, then I wouldn’t be calling for actions to be taken against KF.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
IMO, someone who is racist can't hide their true self or feelings for years. They can't spend the amount of time a head football coach does around athletes and coaches of different ethnicities and not at some point do something that would be offensive. I'd honestly like to hear from some of the AA coaches who spend several hours a week with KF. Obviously some things have happened under his watch and if he is punished for that, I'm supportive of that decision.

At the end of the day, I support the student athletes no matter who the coach is.

He covered up a rape, including destroying evidence.

he’s shown himself over and over again. Just because you choose to let your fandom blind you.

And, the he has a black friend so he can’t be racist thing is really stupid.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
But the ones who are black and in the building mostly say he is.

SIAP, but what is the incentive for an active player to be honest in this scenario, when there is zero expectation that KF will face any consequences regardless? It can only come back and hurt you when someone leaks your opinion to Coach.

If this had been a proper investigation with an expectation of anonymity (which one can only assume it hasn't at this point), then maybe you could talk more about players' opinions toward KF's leadership without a big grain of salt.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
no. You need to be willing to see what your eyes see and ears hear

Right now I'm hearing and seeing anger with broad insults toward Iowa farmers. Not sure how they got lumped into the actions of KF and his staff.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006

Strom Thurmond spent 48 years in the US Senate. He was an avowed racist Democrat who changed parties in 1964(coincidence???).

Fathered a daughter with the AA maid when he was 22 and she was 15. He financed her throughout her life, but never acknowledged her existence. Compartmentalization is the playground of racists.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Strom Thurmond spent 48 years in the US Senate. He was an avowed racist Democrat who changed parties in 1964(coincidence???).

Fathered a daughter with the AA maid when he was 22 and she was 15. He financed her throughout her life, but never acknowledged her existence. Compartmentalization is the playground of racists.

Like Robert Byrd....

Status
Not open for further replies.