Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
The local CR media could actually report what is happening. Instead, they just continue with Iowa PR by spending most of their time on BTN All Decade Team. Also had this groundbreaking story, "Iowa coaches taking salary cuts". OMG! That is big boy journalism! Every school in the country is doing that, but CR media makes it sound like Barta is a savior.
even Keith Murphy, KCCI, WOI(does any one watch them really though?) barely cover this as I have seen....

A few months after people forget about the review.
and local media will barely mention it's "wrapped up"...

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Akrum Wadley postpones Tuesday interview w/ HN.

"I would rather do an interview with my former teammates that spoke up and the ones that are planning on speaking out this week. Not really tryna make this about one person."

Might Zoom interview w/ group after all stories r out

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Akrum Wadley postpones Tuesday interview w/ HN.

"I would rather do an interview with my former teammates that spoke up and the ones that are planning on speaking out this week. Not really tryna make this about one person."

Might Zoom interview w/ group after all stories r out

I wonder what stories are coming out this week

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would encourage all of you, if you haven't already, to watch the documentary on Netflix titled "Athlete A". It's about Larry Nassar and the abusive culture of USA Gymnastics. Not only is the documentary incredibly eye-opening, but there are some parallels to what is happening at Iowa and other places around the country when involving victims of abuse. The cover up by the USA Organization, Michigan State, etc, in order to protect their beloved team doctor and the overall image. The horrible victim shaming done to almost every single athlete that came forward.

And I understand these are completely different situations at the core, but there were things within the story that I found similar. One of those things being how there were tons of people within USA gymnastics as well as the public that could not understand why these young women were coming out with their stories years after the abuse took place. If you watch it, they explain to you that they didn't know for sure what was happening to them. It took them years and for some a decade or two, before they were able to comprehend their abuse.

Watch it, or don't watch it, but I thought it was very well done. Brought tears to my eyes at the end.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I would encourage all of you, if you haven't already, to watch the documentary on Netflix titled "Athlete A". It's about Larry Nassar and the abusive culture of USA Gymnastics. Not only is the documentary incredibly eye-opening, but there are some parallels to what is happening at Iowa and other places around the country when involving victims of abuse. The cover up by the USA Organization, Michigan State, etc, in order to protect their beloved team doctor and the overall image. The horrible victim shaming done to almost every single athlete that came forward.

And I understand these are completely different situations at the core, but there were things within the story that I found similar. One of those things being how there were tons of people within USA gymnastics as well as the public that could not understand why these young women were coming out with their stories years after the abuse took place. If you watch it, they explain to you that they didn't know for sure what was happening to them. It took them years and for some a decade or two, before they were able to comprehend their abuse.

Watch it, or don't watch it, but I thought it was very well done. Brought tears to my eyes at the end.
I thought the exact same thing. Same thing about Penn State and why it took so long for those victims to come forward. I doubt Iowa fans were trying to discredit them...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I thought the exact same thing. Same thing about Penn State and why it took so long for those victims to come forward. I doubt Iowa fans were trying to discredit them...
It was just sad dude.. There were reporters / fans trying to find out these women's sexual history in order to prove they "liked the abuse". There were comments after comments saying they took way too long to come forward so it's "too late to do anything". There were people saying because one girl turned to alcohol to cope, she was a drunk and can't be credible. The head of USA Gymnastics ended up silencing one athlete by not allowing her to make the USA team after she clearly made the top 5 in the qualifiers.

Stories like these show the true powers that big time athletic programs have, whether collegiate or professional. So before anyone on either side say's something couldn't have happened because it's not believable and/or there's no way it'd be allowed to happen, watch this documentary. This stuff happens. It's still happening. Universities and other programs will go above and beyond to cover these types of things up. Even if it looks like the athletes and coaches got along on camera, or the athlete tweeted out how great they loved it there.. just shut up and listen.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
giphy.gif

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I mean, we're seeing several new statements every week. At what point does someone associated with the U of I step in? I understand there's an "investigation" going on right now, but the school could choose to act on their own accord. I can't imagine this type of thing happening in Ames, but if it did, I sure as help hope that action would be taken in a swift manner.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean, we're seeing several new statements every week. At what point does someone associated with the U of I step in? I understand there's an "investigation" going on right now, but the school could choose to act on their own accord. I can't imagine this type of thing happening in Ames, but if it did, I sure as help hope that action would be taken in a swift manner.
This entire thing is all f'd up because of Brian. If he were not the head coach's son, there's probably a 100% chance he would've gotten fired along with Doyle. Iowa would've been able to move along with their investigation and probably gotten rid of Wallace in the process as well.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
This entire thing is all f'd up because of Brian. If he were not the head coach's son, there's probably a 100% chance he would've gotten fired along with Doyle. Iowa would've been able to move along with their investigation and probably gotten rid of Wallace in the process as well.
For sure. Daddy having to fire his POS son would create an epic shitstorm.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

It's almost like there should be some rules in place disallowing people from hiring their own family members for jobs they are likely not qualified for in order to avoid potential conflicts like this. Oh wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron