Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Interview on KFAB radio just now with Ross Peterson. He stated that Doyle simply is who he is...not racist. Additionally, he believes that this will be the last season for Kirk, that he will retire after this season...and no, Brian will not be the next head coach. He did not state that Doyle needs to be fired...again, only that Doyle is simply misunderstood. Sports talking heads here in Omaha do think that Kirk is in some trouble, but none are calling for his head.

Is who he is? JFC.. RP digging in deep like KF to make this all go away..

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Interesting - that account differs from the one Marvin McNutt told. Don Nordmann, Dace Richardson, and several other of DJK’s former teammates have also said that’s not true. You calling Marvin McNutt a liar?

You're just like Penn St fan attacking Mike McQueary...

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
What did McNutt say?

McNutt said DJK was forced to hold the trash can, which supports the story I told several days ago. In fact, Marvin McNutt (WR), Don Nordmann (WR), and Dace Richardson (OL) have all in the past said that DJK was not forced to put the trash can on his head. So far, the only other player who supports DJK’s story is Amari Spievey (CB). Hmm, what is the one obvious difference between all those players...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Interview on KFAB radio just now with Ross Peterson. He stated that Doyle simply is who he is...not racist. Additionally, he believes that this will be the last season for Kirk, that he will retire after this season...and no, Brian will not be the next head coach. He did not state that Doyle needs to be fired...again, only that Doyle is simply misunderstood. Sports talking heads here in Omaha do think that Kirk is in some trouble, but none are calling for his head.

how on god’s green earth does Ross think Doyle isn’t racist. What we should have learned about these last few weeks it doesn’t matter in your INTEND to be racist. It matters if you are. While Ross may think that Doyle didn’t intend to be racist (debatable), he certainly was racist.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
how on god’s green earth does Ross think Doyle isn’t racist. What we should have learned about these last few weeks it doesn’t matter in your INTEND to be racist. It matters if you are. While Ross may think that Doyle didn’t intend to be racist (debatable), he certainly was racist.

Might that not suggest something about Ross?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That is such coded language....i get it "but look at the results (NFL, etc)".

The thing is....we ALL have work to do in these areas.

I saw the example of him mocking black players...at least come out and say "I was trying to connect but realize that was a d*ck way of doing it"...but nope....just "he's misunderstood".

Also, wait till we wear black uniforms this year....and Hoks somehow try to spin us as being insensitive, etc.

I hope to see a Jack Trice tribute on the kit somewhere this year.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
You're just like Penn St fan attacking Mike McQueary...

How? Do I have to believe everything that everyone says about the Iowa football program, no matter how ridiculous, or else I am blaming the victims? For example, I am supposed to believe that Kirk Ferentz hates mixed race couples, and doesn’t like black players dating white women, even though he hired multiple black assistant coaches that are married to white women?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
McNutt said DJK was forced to hold the trash can, which supports the story I told several days ago. In fact, Marvin McNutt (WR), Don Nordmann (WR), and Dace Richardson (OL) have all in the past said that DJK was not forced to put the trash can on his head. So far, the only other player who supports DJK’s story is Amari Spievey (CB). Hmm, what is the one obvious difference between all those players...

Link to those players saying that? I just provided a link of Spievey saying Doyle made him wear a trash can on his head and he wouldn't have if he was white

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How? Do I have to believe everything that everyone says about the Iowa football program, no matter how ridiculous, or else I am blaming the victims? For example, I am supposed to believe that Kirk Ferentz hates mixed race couples, and doesn’t like black players dating white women, even though he hired multiple black assistant coaches that are married to white women?

You have discredited every African American that has spoken negatively about Kirk Ferentz

Reactions: erinmd32

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Meanwhile back at the University of Iowa's Athletic offices.....

giphy.gif

Reactions: VeloClone

weeterkane

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2009
DM

1. No, but to call some of them liars with nothing to back that up is scummy.
2. All signs point to yes.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You're trying too damn hard to disprove everything.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I feel like Brodie should just come out and say he doesn't trust any black people so we can go on with our days.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
This is the part that is so frustrating to me

The media the past week has played well to the stereotype that they are all afraid of Iowa and Ferentz. Their silence is ridiculous especially since I had to listen to a whole radio show about Cordell Pemsl getting hurt and analyzing if a fan pushed him in the stands. We had to listen to numerous radio shows, and quotes from the President and AD of the University about band safety. This is a major story of 50+ players alleged racial injustices and the major theme is "this happens everywhere" or just complete silence.

If Iowa fans were calling for the end of the CyHawk FB game due to hearsay from band members then they might need to decide to listen to these players accounts also. If you are choosing not to you might need to look hard and realize that maybe you weren't that upset about the band thing either it just provided you with a great opportunity to jump on Iowa State.

Or if you were upset about the band thing ( and that is fine) then you probably should be listening to these players, not going after the one reporter who is trying to cover it, and maybe think that a few coaches need to be gone at your school. Otherwise you are just a bunch of hypocrites.

The lack of coverage in this state is disgusting and discredits all those speaking out.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I feel like Brodie should just come out and say he doesn't trust any black people so we can go on with our days.

I honestly think he's more racist than Kirk and Doyle at this point. He literally said he doesn't believe Terrence Harris (black athlete who is credible) for no reason. Well we know the reason

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I’d almost go the opposite direction. Call the actions racist but just punt on whether Doyle’s racist.

We can argue about whether someone can not be racist but do racist things (I’d probably say sure but it’s definitely debatable). However, I understand why you wouldn’t want to call someone racist. So don’t. Say something along the lines of “I don’t know whether he’s racist. I don’t feel like I can make that call. However, what he did was absolutely racist”

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
This is the part that is so frustrating to me

The media the past week has played well to the stereotype that they are all afraid of Iowa and Ferentz. Their silence is ridiculous especially since I had to listen to a whole radio show about Cordell Pemsl getting hurt and analyzing if a fan pushed him in the stands. We had to listen to numerous radio shows, and quotes from the President and AD of the University about band safety. This is a major story of 50+ players alleged racial injustices and the major theme is "this happens everywhere" or just complete silence.

If Iowa fans were calling for the end of the CyHawk FB game due to hearsay from band members then they might need to decide to listen to these players accounts also. If you are choosing not to you might need to look hard and realize that maybe you weren't that upset about the band thing either it just provided you with a great opportunity to jump on Iowa State.

Or if you were upset about the band thing ( and that is fine) then you probably should be listening to these players, not going after the one reporter who is trying to cover it, and maybe think that a few coaches need to be gone at your school. Otherwise you are just a bunch of hypocrites.

The lack of coverage in this state is disgusting and discredits all those speaking out.

And all of this is happening in an environment where:

1. There is very little else in the sports world to discuss, and
2. We're in the midst of the biggest national discussion about race since perhaps the civil rights movement of the 60s, with protests nationwide literally every day

You have to work hard to avoid this topic the way they are, but by god they're pulling it off.

Reactions: erinmd32
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron