Testifying
FB-IMG-1591487424089.jpg

FB-IMG-1591487426504.jpg

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Let’s be honest here. If KF really is out at Iowa, is there any justification not to cut ties with Barta as well?? The right thing to do would be to get rid of both, but I have a hard time believing that will happen.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
This is making it very obvious that Ferentz has more power over athletics than Barta

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

You would think that Barta has to be getting tired of writing all these kinds of letters all the time.

I'm still awaiting his apology letters to ISU for the last 2 times he tried to throw ISU under the bus without any facts whatsoever.

Reactions: NWICY

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This is making it very obvious that Ferentz has more power over athletics than Barta

He always has. That shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

Which makes me think KF is perfectly safe unless the B of R steps in, but that won't happen either... they love Iowa.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Let’s be honest here. If KF really is out at Iowa, is there any justification not to cut ties with Barta as well?? The right thing to do would be to get rid of both, but I have a hard time believing that will happen.

Let's focus on keeping Barta

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Here the summary of how this plays out.
Doyle will end up being fired when all is said and done. Young Ferentz will receive training and a plan of action for him to be more inclusive. Kirk will we able to show he listened, took appropriate action, and made the necessary changes.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Doyle will end up being fired when all is said and done. Young Ferentz will receive training and a plan of action for him to be more inclusive. Kirk will we able to show he listened, took appropriate action, and made the necessary changes.

Hopefully Brian's sensitivity training goes better than Papa John's

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Most likely correct, but if so.... a really big cop out where KF survives when he probably shouldn't have. Especially if Brian survives... that's just wrong.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
KF: I'm sorry for turning a blind eye on my coach's racist comments for years. I will take action so I don't lose my job.
Hok Fans: THAT'S MY F***IN' HEAD COACH!!!!!!

Land Grant

Oct 30, 2006
Let's focus on keeping Barta

I understand the attempt at humor, I really do. But IMO this is too big for joking. Anywhere else, but not here and now. Doyle and Ferentz might lose there jobs, but this is a time where everyone should look inside themselves. And BTW, this is not a screw Iowa moment -- I bet it is hard to be black in Ames, too. Just like its hard in LA or NYC or Miami or Austin.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
I hate how right you are

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010

There is too much smoke from too many players. If KF keeps his job, it's a major uphill recruiting battle from here on out with African-American players. It's not just one guy, it's loads of them. I don't see how Barta can move forward with the KF staff no matter how many apologies or proposed changes there are. This isn't a campfire, it's a raging forest fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron