Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
So, the guy taking over the weight room saw it all and said nothing.

How's that work?

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Advisory committee—-flailing.

What should they have done? Just fire the entire coaching staff? Disband the football program altogether? How do you propose they make changes to the football program without listening to the insight of current and former players?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
What should they have done? Just fire the entire coaching staff? Disband the football program altogether? How do you propose they make changes to the football program without listening to the insight of current and former players?

Treated players of color equally....

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I mean if Doyle is the only one fired after all this that's pretty bad

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

At minimum Brian, Doyle and Kirk should be fired and you know me I selfishly want Brian to stay

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
If Brian goes Kirk is going. Kirk can't claim plausible deniability if that happens.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

You are losing like usual.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If Brian goes Kirk is going. Kirk can't claim plausible deniability if that happens.
Kurt is screwed. He either knew what was going on and ignored it or created a culture where players of a certain skin tone felt they couldn’t take their concerns to him.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Iowa is nothing compared to south of the Mason/Dixon line. Not even close.
I do know that but I also don’t think they tout themselves as “Tennessee nice” or “Alabama nice”. Maybe they do and I’m not aware though. Just something that always rubs me wrong. I think we are beginning to see why. Just look at the responses to some of the tweets. This is all old news.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
This T.D. WIlliams guy is straight savage

View attachment 72546
Strongly disagree with that. He was given an ovation because he helped raise millions of dollars for the childrens hospital to help children with cancer. And retweeting a Tosh joke as a teen doesn't automatically make someone a racist.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Have to understand that for 40 years Iowa football has basically had 2 regimes and really 1 as KF was an extension of Fry..

Some Iowa fans and even media cannot fathom anything negative happening with their precious baby that is Iowa football..

I’m guessing this is just the tip of iceberg..

Monday and Tuesday are going to be brutal for U of Iowa..

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Agree 100%. I just don't get why it took for all of this to happen to get players, even after their time, to speak out.
This is why the protests are working. they are giving people a voice. It’s hard to speak up when you’re being oppressed and you don’t think anyone will have your back. Only recently do people know that others will have their back and their voice might actually be heard. Now we have the proverbial flood gates opening

Status
Not open for further replies.