Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Yes he would rather win a non conference game than win the Big Ten West. Hence why we call it your Super Bowl
Not just a Big Ten West, but four times vs one ISU time. So the ISU game means more than four times more to Iowa than Wisconsin does.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Why was Doyle let go and KF making all kinds of changes if there wasn't any racial issues? Hmmm?

Just because the "review" which Iowa paid millions for didn't recommend any coaching changes doesn't mean it didn't say it wasn't treating black players differently. It certainly did say that.

Nobody said there weren't race issues.

Also, where did you see that the price tag of the review was millions?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Correct, so the stain of being a racist program will carry on forever. Today's report changed none of that.

I don't know the exact cost, but it took a LOT longer than ever anticipated, and at $674 and hour, that adds up quick. Maybe it wasn't quite that much, but it had to be VERY costly.

Mark Dukes this afternoon on the radio in CR said he didn't think they got their money's worth since we didn't really learn anything new..... but I'd say they most definitely got their money's worth.... they got exactly what they wanted..... hard to put a price on that!

Reactions: kcbob79clone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

In the Husch Blackwell report, some current players (45 in total were interviewed) “expressed skepticism and cautioned that it is hard to truly change culture and that for change to be permanent, it must come from Ferentz and go ‘down the line.'"

Further, the report said other players “worried that the changes are not genuine, and the coaches are just covering their tracks.”

One more current player had concern that the changes wouldn't last because (the report said) "players have raised concerns with Ferentz in the past and, because he did not do anything at the time, the program may be waiting for things to blow over before they revert back” to past tendencies.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

The report did state: According to several players, issues within the culture were “not just a
Chris Doyle problem.” Those players said the culture problems are systemic and cannot be
fixed simply by getting rid of one coach. Several former players commented that Coach Doyle
should not be a “scapegoat” for the systemic issues in the program.

With two in-depth reports and social media accounts, it’s pretty clear now there was racial bias in Iowa Football. Hawkeyes everywhere should feel awful about that.

Reactions: Stewo

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Correct, so the stain of being a racist program will carry on forever. Today's report changed none of that.

I don't know the exact cost, but it took a LOT longer than ever anticipated, and at $674 and hour, that adds up quick. Maybe it wasn't quite that much, but it had to be VERY costly.

Mark Dukes this afternoon on the radio in CR said he didn't think they got their money's worth since we didn't really learn anything new..... but I'd say they most definitely got their money's worth.... they got exactly what they wanted..... hard to put a price on that!

Do you live in some type of fantasy land?

On June 15, Barta said the review would take weeks not months.

Also, the hourly price tag you are referring to was the very top end that could be charged.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...tigation-gary-barta-20200616?template=amphtml

"The contract doesn’t spell out the estimated cost of the probe, but it does say payment amounts for attorneys range from $240 to $675 per hour for partners and $200 to $390 per hour for senior counsel and associates."

kcbob79clone

Also, the hourly price tag you are referring to was the very top end that could be charged.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/subject/news/education/university-of-iowa-husch-blackwell-athletics-investigation-gary-barta-20200616?template=amphtml

"The contract doesn’t spell out the estimated cost of the probe, but it does say payment amounts for attorneys range from $240 to $675 per hour for partners and $200 to $390 per hour for senior counsel and associates."

But you live in deflection land

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006

In the Husch Blackwell report, some current players (45 in total were interviewed) “expressed skepticism and cautioned that it is hard to truly change culture and that for change to be permanent, it must come from Ferentz and go ‘down the line.'"

Further, the report said other players “worried that the changes are not genuine, and the coaches are just covering their tracks.”

One more current player had concern that the changes wouldn't last because (the report said) "players have raised concerns with Ferentz in the past and, because he did not do anything at the time, the program may be waiting for things to blow over before they revert back” to past tendencies.

Polish that turd, Chode.
sparkleturd.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/subject/news/education/university-of-iowa-husch-blackwell-athletics-investigation-gary-barta-20200616?template=amphtml

So you want to argue the cost and not the racism..... got it. I wouldn't want to defend the racism either if I were you.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Big step for him. He actually apologized. Granted it was in the written word, but still better than before.
You don't remember lesson one from writing class? You never write "I would like to . . . ", "I want to . . ". By writing the document the recipient knows you want to or would like to. You are supposed to just get to the heart of the matter. He should have stated, "I apologize . . ." and went from there. If you want to apologize, then go ahead and apologize Kirk.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

Kirkkk made it a point today to really twist the screws to not only Doyle, but to the strength training program as a whole. Essentially blaming the program and how it was ran on Kirkkk's blindness. It's like watching a movie and the plot is so obvious to everyone except the main character(s).

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I thought the only crack in Capt. Kirk's monologue today was his non scripted comment about the scrambled eggs. It was not about the eggs. It was about some kid daring to complain. You could see the angry sneer surface ever so slightly when the Capt. let you how much he disdains any player getting out of line. Even if it's about the eggs.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Kirkkk made it a point today to really twist the screws to not only Doyle, but to the strength training program as a whole. Essentially blaming the program and how it was ran on Kirkkk's blindness. It's like watching a movie and the plot is so obvious to everyone except the main character(s).

Kirk is NOT happy with the current S&C situation and that's putting it mildly. I've heard that multiple times

Reactions: ILikeCy
Status
Not open for further replies.