Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2013
Your right his name is Keith. My bad. By the way I have had Cyclone football season tickets since 2010 and my wife and son both graduated from ISU. Hawkeye fans have a superiority complex that is very annoying, but beating any Big 12 team ranked above us is more fun.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Of course I know things shouldn't have gotten there. And of course a lot of the blame lies with KF. I've never said it didn't.
Got it. What about my initial point in saying that the positives that these athletes are now seeing are a byproduct of the investigation / public outcry and most likely wouldn't have been done if players did not go public and the investigation did not happen?

I mean, Kirk was asked that same question and he didn't even answer it. He just mentioned they've implemented positive change already and looking towards moving forward.. Not exactly a strong answer.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Got it. What about my initial point in saying that the positives that these athletes are now seeing are a byproduct of the investigation / public outcry and most likely wouldn't have been done if players did not go public and the investigation did not happen?

I mean, Kirk was asked that same question and he didn't even answer it. He just mentioned they've implemented positive change already and looking towards moving forward.. Not exactly a strong answer.

Yeah I agree. Glad they spoke out, not happy that they felt like they couldn't for so long. Major changes are needed and nothing would've been done without all of this happening. Shouldn't have ever happened, it's a shame that it did, all I care about from here on out is that the former players gain some relief and that the program moves ahead in a way where nothing like this happens again.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I agree. Glad they spoke out, not happy that they felt like they couldn't for so long. Major changes are needed and nothing would've been done without all of this happening. Shouldn't have ever happened, it's a shame that it did, all I care about from here on out is that the former players gain some relief and that the program moves ahead in a way where nothing like this happens again.
Kirk's going to have a lot of eyes on him from here on out.. So even by default I'm going to guess the changes do happen, regardless of whether or not Kirk is genuine about them. Personally I don't think he should get the benefit of the doubt, but I guess here we are. I do think it's not good at all that nothing is going to happen to Brian or Wallace though. That's bad. If Kirk is going to claim he didn't about anything and people are going to believe him, then others should be held accountable for things they did behind Kirk's back.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kirk's going to have a lot of eyes on him from here on out.. So even by default I'm going to guess the changes do happen, regardless of whether or not Kirk is genuine about them. Personally I don't think he should get the benefit of the doubt, but I guess here we are. I do think it's not good at all that nothing is going to happen to Brian or Wallace though. That's bad. If Kirk is going to claim he didn't about anything and people are going to believe him, then others should be held accountable for things they did behind Kirk's back.
Is Brian still alive? Not a peep.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
How could former players be expected to gain some relief when they have been disregarded through this process? It's clear that that has NEVER been the goal here. If it was, KF would haven't said he didn't read/listen to the accusations or apologize to those former players. If accountability and some closure on what transpired was wanted, then more than 18 black former athletes would have been interviewed.

You can't heal old wounds if you don't care to listen to those your program has discriminated against. It may be something you say you want, but I think that you're level headed enough to admit that there has been no display of an honest desire for accountability for what has taken place for years at Iowa. On an attempt to fix it moving forward and that is only half the battle and is hard to feel is sincere without the other half.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wonder if the (Husch) money Iowa gave HB has written on the back of the Ben Franklin's "In KKKirk We Trust".

I hope at Iowa's away games that the home team fans (if allowed to attend) ridicule the crap out of the Iowa Football team for this as they deserve it. Remember, the coaches and staff put the players in this position.

JRE1975

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 12, 2006
Lakewood Ranch, FL
While this whole discussion as been interesting, and quite frankly I have had nothing else to do waiting for the Covid stuff to be over, I am done with following this issue. Barta is experienced enough in these issues to get what he needed, a report that is not that demanding for action in its conclusions. Barta knows the executive summary and conclusions are vague enough that he can point to the head coach and say I have confidence that you can fix this problem and put it on the shelf.

I don't want to get in an argument with the 6 Hawk fans on here stretching out this thread, but the executive summary and conclusion, in my opinion, are really not reflective the details given of the problems in the body of the report. But again, Barta knows that very few people will read anything other than the summaries.

I am just happy we have the President, AD and head coaches we do at ISU.

Reactions: JP4CY
Apr 18, 2013
While this whole discussion as been interesting, and quite frankly I have had nothing else to do waiting for the Covid stuff to be over, I am done with following this issue. Barta is experienced enough in these issues to get what he needed, a report that is not that demanding for action in its conclusions. Barta knows the executive summary and conclusions are vague enough that he can point to the head coach and say I have confidence that you can fix this problem and put it on the shelf.

I don't want to get in an argument with the 6 Hawk fans on here stretching out this thread, but the executive summary and conclusion, in my opinion, are really not reflective the details given of the problems in the body of the report. But again, Barta knows that very few people will read anything other than the summaries.

Amen

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Thank you for pointing that out. That is very true.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What does he mean when it "started with George Floyd?"
There were previous internal reviews.

I mean, what in the actual ****?

I assume they were serving Kool-Aid at the presser refreshment table and Chad, Doucherman along with the Channel 13 sports team were asking for second and thirds after the post presser Coach KKKirk organ sucking.

Reactions: irish

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Racists sticks together

EditorItem_48656_2_249994.jpg

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Wonder if the (Husch) money Iowa gave HB has written on the back of the Ben Franklin's "In KKKirk We Trust".

I hope at Iowa's away games that the home team fans (if allowed to attend) ridicule the crap out of the Iowa Football team for this as they deserve it. Remember, the coaches and staff put the players in this position.

Psycho.

Why would you take it out on the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.