Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Big thinkers...

"Does anyone think that this statement could have been true? “Kirks the head coach but Doyle ruled the roost.” I’m just speculating that could have been case."

"In my mind. When KF said he didn’t know about things it was the specific things being claimed against Doyle. Not the report that just came out."

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
tenor.gif
Such a good episode

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Of course you didn't.

He was basically sighting example after example of black Iowa players that came in and learned that they needed to do things 'differently'. He couldn't have been more tone def.
I think he just described things that you need to do to get the best out of your ability.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Morehouse thought, as of July 1, that only one family has a credible story.

So when Morehouse is making judgements on credibly of stories he wasn’t there for he is a great source. But when he says Kirk pled ignorance to racial issues at a press conference that Morehouse was legitimately a part of he misunderstood. Exactly the rationale I would expect from you.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
It's only a 'public forum' to the point were this site's mods decide to start deleting or ending posts.
The same could be said about Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. They are public, but people and posts get censored or shadow banned all the time. Regardless, they choose to come here

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Didn't Kirk say something on the lines of he had never heard anything that alerted or alarmed him?
He also said that he wished they had come to him first about these racial issues. Which was a lie....because they did. And he chose to do essentially nothing by "allowing" them to wear hoodies and jewelry.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
I don't listen to KXNO, but isnt CW still on the radio with the Hawk homer anymore?

He’s on with Ross Petersen, who is a Hawk fan, but is excellent on the radio. In my opinion, he’s the best of anyone on local radio.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Quite a few is now 2?
Listen, I was trying to be rational with you here, and you resorted to yet again pick out the dumbest part of the point I was trying to make and run with it in order to discredit my entire statement. You know the point I was trying to make. New information came out after Marc made this statement, including the big one of Kirk and the entire Iowa Athletic Administration admitting they knew about some of these incidents, which came after they were pleading ignorance.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He also said that he wished they had come to him first about these racial issues. Which was a lie....because they did. And he chose to do essentially nothing by "allowing" them to wear hoodies and jewelry.
Yup. He's made plenty of false statements. Saying he believed allowing hoodies, hats and jewelry was a good first step in combatting some of these issues was remarkable.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Yeah Marc obviously changed his tone. I believe there were quite a few stories that came out after July 1st too, which could've been the reason. Even you must admit that this story has evolved in the last 22 days.

I don't read the Gazette daily but here's a quote form the ANE website. Not sure when Moorehouse made the original quote.

Marc Morehouse, CR Gazette - UofI Sports Writer
  • "This culture has always been borderline bully, fully military and aggressive against black culture."

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't read the Gazette daily but here's a quote form the ANE website. Not sure when Moorehouse made the original quote.

Marc Morehouse, CR Gazette - UofI Sports Writer
  • "This culture has always been borderline bully, fully military and aggressive against black culture."
I remember him saying something along those lines but also don't remember when he stated that. Again, I go back to my statement that this situation has been incredibly fluid from the start. Every time a piece of new information is brought to the table, the situation changes.

I would not want to be an Iowa writer at this time period. You're stuck between a rock and a hard place. If you don't report everything, people will call you out. If you report something, people on the other side will call you out.

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
Any word on the identity of jademichael?

I think it’s another account run by Hawkize. He has run/runs multiple accounts (a faux Steel Jantz one, a faux Bret Bielema one to name a couple) and I think he’s behind this one too. One of “Jade’s” first follows was to Hawkize and I think he’s keeping his Hawkize account as what it is and he made this account to push a total separate narrative and that’s all the Jade account is for, trying to defend all things Iowa football

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
So when Morehouse is making judgements on credibly of stories he wasn’t there for he is a great source. But when he says Kirk pled ignorance to racial issues at a press conference that Morehouse was legitimately a part of he misunderstood. Exactly the rationale I would expect from you.

Feel free to provide a post of mine that says something different but I don't think I have tried to claim Morehead was credible or not credible as a news source in the last 2 months.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Listen, I was trying to be rational with you here, and you resorted to yet again pick out the dumbest part of the point I was trying to make and run with it in order to discredit my entire statement. You know the point I was trying to make. New information came out after Marc made this statement, including the big one of Kirk and the entire Iowa Athletic Administration admitting they knew about some of these incidents, which came after they were pleading ignorance.

You continually sensationalize things. You went from quite a few new accusations to 2 new ones in a matter of minutes.

The other day you were saying that nobody knew what was in the report that Howe wrote about until he broke the story and then when proved quotes that are several weeks old that shows they were discussed you changed horses to the small steps Iowa took to address those issues.

But hey, you once helped on a project which had a topic of racial discrimination so you're the expert here.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You continually sensationalize things. You went from quite a few new accusations to 2 new ones in a matter of minutes.

The other day you were saying that nobody knew what was in the report that Howe wrote about until he broke the story and then when proved quotes that are several weeks old that shows they were discussed you changed horses to the small steps Iowa took to address those issues.

But hey, you once helped on a project which had a topic of racial discrimination so you're the expert here.
I used an incorrect phrase in saying quite a few. I should've said a couple more came out. Sue me. And yeah no one really knew what was in the report prior to Howe having to file an FOIA request to get the full report. Before that, Iowa plead ignorance and I was damning them for that. Then Iowa decided to say well we knew about that report and we thought giving our athletes a new dress code would help with that. That's when I commented on those "step(s)" to combat discrimination.

Also, me bringing up I've helped with a published research study on racial and sexist discrimination does not make me an expert with this specific case. I brought that up when you asked what I have ever done outside of comment on this case. I did say I probably have more knowledge on racial discrimination within sports than you because honestly a door knob would blow you out of the water in this particular category.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I used an incorrect phrase in saying quite a few. I should've said a couple more came out. Sue me. And yeah no one really knew what was in the report prior to Howe having to file an FOIA request to get the full report. Before that, Iowa plead ignorance and I was damning them for that. Then Iowa decided to say well we knew about that report and we thought giving our athletes a new dress code would help with that. That's when I commented on those "step(s)" to combat discrimination.

Also, me bringing up I've helped with a published research study on racial and sexist discrimination does not make me an expert with this specific case. I brought that up when you asked what I have ever done outside of comment on this case. I did say I probably have more knowledge on racial discrimination within sports than you because honestly a door knob would blow you out of the water in this particular category.

Do I need to provide the Barta quote from June 15 again to you? It covers what was in the report. You are quite forgetful on things that don't fit the narrative you're running with here.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah I saw he apparently tried to dox Jade. Jade is a burner account for someone on Twitter. Made the account a day or two after the allegations started flowing in and has been trying to get the "true truth" out ever since. There are rumors Jade is an affiliate of Iowa Football, but that rumor's suspect.

I thought Jade outed their self when they told Howe he wouldn't have credentials if he hadn't step in a few years back?

Status
Not open for further replies.