Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
They could easily do a release saying they had started an investigation already, and the new information coming out will be taken in as part of that investigation. And not say much else. That would be something, to at least acknowledge they are aware.

I posted in another thread, but I am super proud of this so will post again. As Gonzo mentioned here is Problem 1 for Iowa wrt handling the crisis.

upload_2020-6-11_15-39-56.png

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
No Worries! Hawkeye Murph, Hawkeye Andy, and Hawkeye Andrew are just being biased and unbalanced.

It's funny because Downs is Mr. SJW (not saying that's a bad thing). One look at his Twitter shows he's clearly a big advocate for racial equality (which, again, is a good thing). There's no doubt if this were another school he'd be all over it. But when it's beloved Kirk...

Last edited:
Reactions: erinmd32

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's funny because Downs is Mr. SJW (not saying that's a bad thing). One look at his Twitter shows he's clearly a big advocate for racial equality. There's no doubt if this were another school he'd be all over it. But when it's beloved Kirk...
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brow...-tribalism-and-callousness-in-college-sports/

Quick little article that does a good job of explaining some of this. Here are a few quotes:

"The passions that stir up loyalties and rivalries also produce tribalism like the type infecting American politics. Enamored with the potential to win, fans avert their eyes from ugliness in their favorite programs and lash out at those who expose it. The result is that today’s premier college sports programs are largely composed of, and surrounded by, individuals with little incentive to uncover or address misconduct. And too often, those individuals have chosen to protect their programs before they protect victims of their programs’ abuse."

"Coaches. Coaches are hired and fired, and adored and despised, based on whether they win. They desperately want to keep unflattering stories from reaching newspapers and law enforcement, since these stories create distractions, keep players off the field, and threaten their own employment and reputations."

"Athletic directors and university administrators. Recent scandals have found athletic directors—and college presidents and trustees—complicit in covering up wrongdoing or unwilling to punish it. These cases have reflected a stunning lack of concern or backbone from university leaders."

"Local media. Most high-profile college sports programs today are covered, day in and day out, by local beat reporters. These reporters are paid to keep an ear to the ground near the programs they cover. However, they rely on these programs to provide access and information, and they report to an audience of partisans (fans) who can react angrily to negative coverage of their favorite programs. It was national reporters, not local reporters, who broke this year’s stories of problems at Ohio State, Michigan State, and Maryland, while some local reporters took aim at the national media."

Reactions: CyTwins

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Didn't help the narrative when he said that this never happened at UNI either

I basically quit listening after Murph and Andy both made comments that they were shocked no other players at other schools have come forward like at Iowa....

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I basically quit listening after Murph and Andy both made comments that they were shocked no other players at other schools have come forward like at Iowa....

I was done after the first caller that equated it to a drill Sargent. He opened by stating Doyle hasn't actually used any racist words correct?Because "THAT" world be unacceptable.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was done after the first caller that equated it to a drill Sargent. He opened by stating Doyle hasn't actually used any racist words correct?Because "THAT" world be unacceptable.
A very sad thing has been the fact that this entire movement has been predicated on listening, talking, understanding, empathizing, and change. From a lot of Iowa fans, I've seen a lot of pointing fingers, demoralizing comments about victims, confirmation bias, and defensive comments in favor of the coaching staff.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
What's going to make me physically ill will be the production that goes into making Kirk out as some newly remade man. Years of racist policies swept under the rug because he establishes a minority leadership group or something.

Sam Aiello beat the hell out of Jon Beutjer, and ended up on the Leadership Council.

C.R. Gazette, Aug. 29, 2001:
"On media day (Aug. 10), Ferentz declared the fight a non-issue. And then last Wednesday (Aug. 22), at the urging of Beutjer and his parents, Jim and Nancy, Ferentz acknowledged the severity of the incident."

Reactions: Cyclone06

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
no. No one wants to be on the wrong side of the cancel mob right now. It’s pretty similar to the mindset on this website.
With the amount of allegations out already plus the severity of some of them, I think it's pretty justifiable that there is a mob of people that would like to see the program have some repercussions for their actions. Especially considering the current events we are facing as a society right now. But if you think this whole thing is simply about cancel culture I guess we all know where you stand in all of this.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Sam Aiello beat the hell out of Jon Beutjer, and ended up on the Leadership Council.

C.R. Gazette, Aug. 29, 2001:
"On media day (Aug. 10), Ferentz declared the fight a non-issue. And then last Wednesday (Aug. 22), at the urging of Beutjer and his parents, Jim and Nancy, Ferentz acknowledged the severity of the incident."

I think that Ferentz is a fraud. He puts out a clean cut public persona. But, any negative news gets swept under the rug and anyone who questions it gets their access pulled. He's a controlling bully. See the huge middle finger he gave to everyone by giving Doyle the award after rhabdo. But hey, he wins, so the fans are behind him and the press wouldn't dare to oppose him. He's going to do everything possible to keep this gravy train going for him, his son, his son-in-law and his buddies like Doyle.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
I think that Ferentz is a fraud. He puts out a clean cut public persona. But, any negative news gets swept under the rug and anyone who questions it gets their access pulled. He's a controlling bully. See the huge middle finger he gave to everyone by giving Doyle the award after rhabdo. But hey, he wins, so the fans are behind him and the press wouldn't dare to oppose him. He's going to do everything possible to keep this gravy train going for him, his son, his son-in-law and his buddies like Doyle.

come on, man. Kirk is about as good of a person as there is in the meathead world of college football.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
With the amount of allegations out already plus the severity of some of them, I think it's pretty justifiable that there is a mob of people that would like to see the program have some repercussions for their actions. Especially considering the current events we are facing as a society right now. But if you think this whole thing is simply about cancel culture I guess we all know where you stand in all of this.

My stance is based on the fact that there have been very few, perhaps no, calls for Kirk to be fired by anyone with credibility.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
My stance is based on the fact that there have been very few, perhaps no, calls for Kirk to be fired by anyone with credibility.

Lots of people with credibility say he needs to be fired actually. Google Kirk Ferentz and read up on what's being written about him

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
Bing-freaking-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron