Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
So all I learned in that interview is that Hawkeye Nation is pretty much state controlled media :)

100% correct. When he says he needs to review stories before they go up on the web site, that means he's running interference for the athletic department. Plain and simple.

What I'm curious about, and nobody followed up on, was how he said HN did not have a good relationship with the U of I as CF does with ISU. Not clear what he meant by that. But the implication was that they had to tiptoe around some things.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
A bunch of random band members who wouldn't file a police report did not have a credibility gap. Good to know.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I wonder if @ChrisMWilliams worked for HN, if he would have ran that DJK story without first trying to find a source or two to confirm its accurate and reaching out to the university for comment prior to publishing the article.

I am sure the University would be very forthcoming with information. That definitely seems to be the U of I's style...

HN had no problem running with the band "story"

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I wonder if @ChrisMWilliams worked for HN, if he would have ran that DJK story without first trying to find a source or two to confirm its accurate and reaching out to the university for comment prior to publishing the article.
Multiple players backed up DJK after this article.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
First problem, ISU comments on issues and isnt a PR nightmare like Iowa.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Anyone listening to this interview between CW, Ross and the Hawkeyenation site manager? What a schmuck this Schmelka guy is. Took down the DJK article that Howe wrote, basically because it said bad things about their king and dictator, Coach Ferentz. That guy is totally in Kirk's back pocket. Said it's all about "relationships" between the coaching staff and his website...basically that their relationship with Ferentz is more important than anything journalistic that paints Kirk in a bad light.

I need to hear this

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Basically confirmed what we all know. Iowa wants to control all narratives and will retaliate if someone in the media "goes rogue" and actually reports on something not pre-approved by them. This is and always has been the problem with Iowa.

Reactions: aauummm

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
I haven’t dug up info to discredit anybody. Of all the players that have come forward, the only ones that I take issue with are

(1) Terrence Harris claiming (a) Ferentz spit at him for listening to rap music, and (b) Ferentz made him log roll for no reason until he vomited blood

(2) Morrow claiming he went to KF because Doyle said he would send him back to the ghetto (We now know this wasn’t true)

(3) DJK, because (a) I know there are multiple lies in his story, and (b) he has a history of lying about this stuff, and multiple teammates have called him out for it in the past.
1) "He spit in our direction and told us we wouldn't last long."

You take issue with your own fabricated falsehoods. You are definitely part of the UEI culture.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
The longer this goes, and the more I see media either not reporting on it or suddenly shutting down stories on it, the more evident it is that the U of I is either threatening them with lawsuits or throwing a whole lot of $$ out there to shut them up...but, you know, "Iowa Way" and they'll spin into the most positive headlines ever for the entire season next year about how this has made them better, and there will be tons of interviews with coaches and players about "the new culture" at Iowa. I can see it now. FAKE ID PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.