Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
And MeatHead Doyle walks away with over $1 million, over nothing?
He was leg go with cause and could have sued the university. The things said were bad and some had racial tones to them. But that does not mean he is racist. Kind of like people saying off color jokes on twitter. Does not make them racist. Racial insensative yes but not a hater of other people because of skin color.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
To this point, I’ve only seen Porters side and Lomax’s tweet. Porter freely admitted that was his own opinion. Lomax went out of his way to say no one else on the committee shared his opinion. Unless you have another source I missed that is erroneous.

Lomax did not say nobody else on the committee shared Porter's opinion. He said "This is a one-sided article and only David Porter’s opinion, which I, and others disagreed with." If you want to defend racism, you should start by getting your facts straight.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He was leg go with cause and could have sued the university. The things said were bad and some had racial tones to them. But that does not mean he is racist. Kind of like people saying off color jokes on twitter. Does not make them racist. Racial insensative yes but not a hater of other people because of skin color.
Lol he was paid to leave. Salary and benefits. If what was said about him was indeed true, which I have a hard time thinking they weren’t, he was doing a little more than making off colored jokes / remarks. If you’re continuously using the color of someone’s skin to bring them down, there’s a larger issue at hand.

Reactions: MJ29

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
To this point, I’ve only seen Porters side and Lomax’s tweet. Porter freely admitted that was his own opinion. Lomax went out of his way to say no one else on the committee shared his opinion. Unless you have another source I missed that is erroneous.

But the question is why did lomax back down on Twitter when Harty asked him to come on his show?

He’d have had free opportunity to state what his beliefs truly were on the situation

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Lol he was paid to leave. Salary and benefits. If what was said about him was indeed true, which I have a hard time thinking they weren’t, he was doing a little more than making off colored jokes / remarks. If you’re continuously using the color of someone’s skin to bring them down, there’s a larger issue at hand.

This is where Iowa fan always gets caught in their lie.

If Doyle was as guilty and the only problem, as they’ve made him out to be, then he should have been fired, with cause. There should have never been a payout. Why was he given $1.4 million dollars leave?

they can never answer that, so they just ignore it.

also, they show continually that they don’t even believe Kirk runs his own program. He didn’t know anything when he covered up a rape, he didn’t know where his son lived, he didn’t know about the workouts that damn near killed 13 kids, and he certainly didn’t know his son, son in law, and close friend are racists.

But they will still try to tell you he’s a good man

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
What did you all think of the national media when talking about Campbell and him not ever having goals for conference championships
"Tu quoque" means "you too," and consists of responding to allegations of wrong doing by saying, in essence, "you do the same thing." That response may be true, but it doesn't deny or explain away the alleged wrongdoing. Tu quoque is also known as the "you too" fallacy, and the "two wrongs make a right" fallacy.

Reactions: Cyclones1969

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
"Tu quoque" means "you too," and consists of responding to allegations of wrong doing by saying, in essence, "you do the same thing." That response may be true, but it doesn't deny or explain away the alleged wrongdoing. Tu quoque is also known as the "you too" fallacy, and the "two wrongs make a right" fallacy.
Iowa State Fan - “What do you think about the national media continuously being hard on Kirk for having a culture that was racially biased and not welcoming to everyone?”

Iowa Fan - “Oh yeah? What do YOU think about the national media being critical of Matt Campbell that one weekend he said his goal was to get his players to be the best versions of themselves?”

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Iowa State Fan - “What do you think about the national media continuously being hard on Kirk for having a culture that was racially biased and not welcoming to everyone?”

Iowa Fan - “Oh yeah? What do YOU think about the national media being critical of Matt Campbell that one weekend he said his goal was to get his players to be the best versions of themselves?”

A tavernhok that I'm friends with had a different response when I asked what he thought about it--- "What are you talking about?"

• Sad

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
1642608034078.png

• Agree

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

It isn’t even just the national media. It is, among others, local media that cover the team too.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
This whole thing does not change the fact that the original article was pieced together and headline driven for click bait. players and parents of players have even said so. Not sure what else ISU fans want besides Iowa to fall so they would get the chance to finally be the main attraction in the state.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Someone brought up how hawkfans think the national media is out to get them and fabricates stories. I was bringing to light that so do ISU fans
You picked that about of about 4 things I listed in that post. Also find one post saying any story about that quote was a hit piece intent on bringing Campbell down. Literally find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.