Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
To be honest I do not understand the context of the whole situation. News articles are made to sway opinions.
The context of the situation is all the coaches decided to take the voluntary pay cut except Kirk Ferentz. That's it. Read the article. That's context of the whole situation

As much as I love piling on to Barta this is on Kirk not him

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The context of the situation is all the coaches decided to take the voluntary pay cut except Kirk Ferentz. That's it. Read the article. That's context of the whole situation

As much as I love piling on to Barta this is on Kirk not him

I wonder how many of those other coaches’ salaries you have to combine to total what KF makes?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What about TJ and him being picked as coach in February and not doing a job search and him getting handed a job by a friend? That is not right but you ignore that. Focus solely on Iowa, I get it you hate Iowa.
Pollard saving money instead of paying for a job search during a pandemic is a bad thing? Take your L on this and move on dude

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What about TJ and him being picked as coach in February and not doing a job search and him getting handed a job by a friend? That is not right but you ignore that. Focus solely on Iowa, I get it you hate Iowa.
LOL would you say the same thing about BEARD immediately getting the Texas job and there not being a job search? What about Sark for Texas Football? Didn’t do any job search there either.

Also, so far it’s been a tremendous choice for Iowa State. We’ll see if that ends up being true but I’d say at this point in time, most people who were upset with there not being a search are perfectly fine with the decision.

Last edited:

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes

Yes when every other coach did, you had to cut 4 sports and are taking out a loan paid for by tax payers it's a very huge deal
Remember what I said in that other thread? Lol I knew there’d be at least one person justifying what Kirk did.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
LOL would you say thing about BEARD immediately getting the Texas job and there not being a job search? What about Sark for Texas Football? Didn’t do any job search there either.

Also, so far it’s been a tremendous choice for Iowa State. We’ll see if that ends up being true but I’d say at this point in time, most people who were upset with there not being a search are perfectly fine with the decision.

My point is that stuff happens everywhere, but Iowa is under a cyfan microscope

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Honestly. I do not get to caught up in all of this stuff like you do, and that is not a dig at you at all. I root for the team and think Kirk has done some really good things for Iowa football. This money stuff is pretty much on Barta IMO. Kirk has donated money to a lot of different things over the years. Especially the hospital. I am sure this will be a story. Barta needs to leave.

Glances at card. BINGO!!!!!!!!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So to put this into perspective that are just coming into this thread or want to catch up, this is the thought process of one Iowa fan on here:

Head coach instilling an abusive and systemically racist football program = okay

Same head coach not taking a pay cut when asked to do so in a time period where the University is struggling terribly and had to have layoffs / even cut a sport = okay

An AD hiring the head coach basketball coach from UNLV that also happens to be a good friend = disgusting

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1
Status
Not open for further replies.