Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Because they get players into the league, because of Kirks connections to the NFL, which is what the last several posts have been about.

Kirk can also basically black ball you from the league if you don't stay in line and buy into the program.

Also, a large amount of AA players at Iowa haven't been these huge recruits. Iowa, rightly so, gets credit for developing some very good players from 3-4 star talent or lower. That's why so many guys go there and many of them buy in and benefit.
It's the guys who didn't buy in, and were made examples of by guys like Doyle and BF that really got to see the ugly side of Iowa football.
That doesn't just go away in a year. They will do their best to not be blatant about it, and they will do more to prevent it, but deep down the old school "Team of Everything Else" mantra where you squash any semblance of individuality, drill instructor style, is borderline, and sometimes over the line abusive and unhealthy. Especially for young black men who have been held down by systemic racism their entire lives and can see how the program treats them if they don't do everything they are told.

It goes much deeper than "Doyle was mean so he was fired and now everything is awesome". Please tell me you understand that. I think you are blinded by your allegiance to Iowa.

By the way, if something like this happened under Matt Campbell I would be 100% for harsh actions to be taken. This kind of **** just shouldn't happen in sports anymore. Call me "woke" if you want, but regimes that still push this covert racism BS need to be cracked down on and ended.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Yeah definitely more than 3 guys
Which other ones? That they were in on and missed in the 2021 class? I am sure there are more but I can only think of those 3 off the top of my head. But those 3 are not surprising. especially the one that was contacted by a lawyer group and told to stay away from Iowa (Parks).

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyforce

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
So now it is the style of coaching. Which I agree with fully. It is different now as it should be. But I feel like Kirk should be allowed the ability to change. He current players have accepted it so I have also gone with it.

Wait, when was it not the style of coaching? That goes hand in hand with the culture.
Kirk can be given a chance to change, but there's no way he just fixed it overnight and Doyle getting canned was the single answer to it all.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Which other ones? That they were in on and missed in the 2021 class? I am sure there are more but I can only think of those 3 off the top of my head. But those 3 are not surprising. especially the one that was contacted by a lawyer group and told to stay away from Iowa (Parks).
Woa woa woa I was told that Iowa's recruiting hasn't been affected by this whatsoever and now you're telling me a simple phone call to a recruit by someone who's not even affiliated with another school was able to deter this player from going to Iowa?? Hmm seems like that could be an issue.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
It goes much deeper than "Doyle was mean so he was fired and now everything is awesome". Please tell me you understand that. I think you are blinded by your allegiance to Iowa.

By the way, if something like this happened under Matt Campbell I would be 100% for harsh actions to be taken. This kind of **** just shouldn't happen in sports anymore. Call me "woke" if you want, but regimes that still push this covert racism BS need to be cracked down on and ended.
It is easy to say you want Campbell fired, but he is of a different era and mindset philosophy. I love it honestly and ISU is better for it. I am not rooted deep into Iowa. I just appreciate them letting someone fix it or at least attempt to see their wrongs and be better. Kirk even asked his current group if he needed to leave and they wanted him to stay. That tells me a lot. It is much deeper than Doyle. FWIW I hope when Kirk is done we get fresh blood. I do not want to see Brian take over.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyforce and CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Woa woa woa I was told that Iowa's recruiting hasn't been affected by this whatsoever and now you're telling me a simple phone call to a recruit by someone who's not even affiliated with another school was able to deter this player from going to Iowa?? Hmm seems like that could be an issue.
I never said it was not affected by it, I said they still get AA players to attend.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It is easy to say you want Campbell fired, but he is of a different era and mindset philosophy. I love it honestly and ISU is better for it. I am not rooted deep into Iowa. I just appreciate them letting someone fix it or at least attempt to see their wrongs and be better. Kirk even asked his current group if he needed to leave and they wanted him to stay. That tells me a lot. It is much deeper than Doyle. FWIW I hope when Kirk is done we get fresh blood. I do not want to see Brian take over.
Dude... how naive can you be....

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes it's much deeper than Doyle lol it's his son too. Who wasn't punished at all by Kirk. That's one of the things that irks me the most about this. Obviously he's going to play papa bear and protect his son, but in this circumstance you absolutely 100% cannot allow Brian to come out unscathed in this, but Kirk and Barta (who's in Kirk's back pocket) won't do a single thing.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Honestly, do you believe all of this?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes it's much deeper than Doyle lol it's his son too. Who wasn't punished at all by Kirk. That's one of the things that irks me the most about this. Obviously he's going to play papa bear and protect his son, but in this circumstance you absolutely 100% cannot allow Brian to come out unscathed in this, but Kirk and Barta (who's in Kirk's back pocket) won't do a single thing.
Plus Wallace didn't get punished either

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10
Status
Not open for further replies.