Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Because he wants to get to the league and Kirk will blacklist him to scouts if he leaves. Did you not see the stuff that came out this summer? Former players said a lot of their teammates wanted to leave but felt they couldn't
He could have gone to the draft and stayed. Not sure you get blacklisted at Iowa for that because Kirk encourages it.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyforce

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He could have gone to the draft and stayed. Not sure you get blacklisted at Iowa for that because Kirk encourages it.
Hankins wasn't very good last year. He wasn't going to get drafted. He did not want to come back to Iowa but felt like it was his best option to get drafted. Kirk blacklisted Maurice Fleming when he transferred FWIW

• Haha
Reactions: 1776

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So kirk is abusive now?
Lol I wasn't talking directly about Kirk Ferentz. I was talking about the culture that he instilled. No I don't think Kirk had a lot of situations where he himself was abusive physically or verbally abusive towards his players. That doesn't let him off the hook for allowing other coaches to engage in that behavior though. He's the man in charge. He doesn't get to allow his own coaches and for God sake his own son to treat his players like crap because of the color of their skin or their intellectual ability in a classroom.

My point about the abusive culture that Kirk and Iowa Football instilled, was that you don't get to judge the player's choices on when they feel comfortable about coming forward. Also, pointing out that the coaches are doing better right now doesn't mean jack at the moment. Iowa's under a huge microscope right now.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Hankins wasn't very good last year. He wasn't going to get drafted. He did not want to come back to Iowa but felt like it was his best option to get drafted. Kirk blacklisted Maurice Fleming when he transferred FWIW
And how is Fleming doing at his new place?

• Dumb

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Lol I wasn't talking directly about Kirk Ferentz. I was talking about the culture that he instilled. No I don't think Kirk had a lot of situations where he himself was abusive physically or verbally abusive towards his players. That doesn't let him off the hook for allowing other coaches to engage in that behavior though. He's the man in charge. He doesn't get to allow his own coaches and for God sake his own son to treat his players like crap because of the color of their skin or their intellectual ability in a classroom.

My point about the abusive culture that Kirk and Iowa Football instilled, was that you don't get to judge the player's choices on when they feel comfortable about coming forward. Also, pointing out that the coaches are doing better right now doesn't mean jack at the moment. Iowa's under a huge microscope right now.
seems bigger from a certain school in the middle of Iowa.

• Dumb

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Ahh fans supported the TEAM....

I don't know a single Vikings fan that tried to make excuses for AP's actions or embraced him moving forward. This situation couldn't be any more different than what is going on over in IC. Just a piss poor comparison on your part.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Then how do they get AA players to attend there in the last 20 years?

Because they get players into the league, because of Kirks connections to the NFL, which is what the last several posts have been about.

Kirk can also basically black ball you from the league if you don't stay in line and buy into the program.

Also, a large amount of AA players at Iowa haven't been these huge recruits. Iowa, rightly so, gets credit for developing some very good players from 3-4 star talent or lower. That's why so many guys go there and many of them buy in and benefit.
It's the guys who didn't buy in, and were made examples of by guys like Doyle and BF that really got to see the ugly side of Iowa football.
That doesn't just go away in a year. They will do their best to not be blatant about it, and they will do more to prevent it, but deep down the old school "Team of Everything Else" mantra where you squash any semblence of individuality, drill instructor style, is borderline, and sometimes over the line abusive and unhealthy. Especially for young black men who have been held down by systemic racism their entire lives and can see how the program treats them if they don't do everything they are told.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I don't know a single Vikings fan that tried to make excuses for AP's actions or embraced him moving forward. This situation couldn't be any more different than what is going on over in IC. Just a piss poor comparison on your part.

Exactly. Some people just cared that he still ran the ball well, but that was the end of him being a revered superstar and the beginning of the end for him as a Viking. His public persona never recovered. Now he's just a merc who goes from team to team hoping to get as much PT as possible.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Look at who they lost out on since June that were either committed or Iowa led for
3 guys. a RB and a CB from Florida. and the WR from out East. The RB chose a program with a known coach that called players the N word and the CB chose a school that was closer to home. The WR chose a school that was similar to and better than Iowa recently in Wisconsin. Also Iowa already had 3 wrs in the class.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
3 guys. a RB and a CB from Florida. and the WR from out East. The RB chose a program with a known coach that called players the N word and the CB chose a school that was closer to home. The WR chose a school that was similar to and better than Iowa recently in Wisconsin. Also Iowa already had 3 wrs in the class.
Yeah definitely more than 3 guys

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
seems bigger from a certain school in the middle of Iowa.
Are you playing dumb? Lol there's a $20 million lawsuit against Iowa Football that the court denied them the ability to throw out. An investigation just found Iowa in the wrong last July. Negative articles pertaining to Iowa and Kirk are still being written by national media members.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Because they get players into the league, because of Kirks connections to the NFL, which is what the last several posts have been about.

Kirk can also basically black ball you from the league if you don't stay in line and buy into the program.

Also, a large amount of AA players at Iowa haven't been these huge recruits. Iowa, rightly so, gets credit for developing some very good players from 3-4 star talent or lower. That's why so many guys go there and many of them buy in and benefit.
It's the guys who didn't buy in, and were made examples of by guys like Doyle and BF that really got to see the ugly side of Iowa football.
That doesn't just go away in a year. They will do their best to not be blatant about it, and they will do more to prevent it, but deep down the old school "Team of Everything Else" mantra where you squash any semblence of individuality, drill instructor style, is borderline, and sometimes over the line abusive and unhealthy. Especially for young black men who have been held down by systemic racism their entire lives and can see how the program treats them if they don't do everything they are told.
So now it is the style of coaching. Which I agree with fully. It is different now as it should be. But I feel like Kirk should be allowed the ability to change. He current players have accepted it so I have also gone with it.

• Dumb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron