Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think if Iowa loses there might be a lot more *woke* Iowa fans who think Kirk actually did do something wrong.

The only consistency with most Iowa fans over the years is fickleness. When basketball is bad they're a wrestling school. When basketball is good Carver is one of the toughest places to play in the country.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I'm honestly just wondering lol. Because that'd be an 0-2 start and after the likely Michigan State victory Iowa goes to Minnesota and to Penn State. It's realistic Iowa could be 1-4 over halfway through the season.

After the loss to Purdue.....they are now calling this season an "exhibition". So no, there won't be any changes if the lose to NW. However, if their record is like you say it might be halfway through the season, it might play heavily in the off season. And when their "real" season starts again August 21' there might be some new faces chewing gum on the sidelines.

• Haha
Reactions: motorcy90

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
After the loss to Purdue.....they are now calling this season an "exhibition". So no, there won't be any changes if the lose to NW. However, if their record is like you say it might be halfway through the season, it might play heavily in the off season. And when their "real" season starts again August 21' there might be some new faces chewing gum on the sidelines.
Are you serious?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I was definitely getting ahead of myself.. And what a cop out thing to say as well as disrespectful and not true. Players and coaches have put themselves through emotional and physical hell getting ready for this season. Calling it an "exhibition" is a slap in the face to everyone involved. Trophies will be won in rivalry games, coaches will be fired, bowl games will be played, and a national title will be won. This isn't an exhibition season.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I just did literally 5 minutes of research on Iowa's instate recruiting trying to figure out what the issue some are having.

Pulled the 2018 class since those are the latest we'd expect to see returns on. Iowa had 5 instate recruits listed on 24/7.

John Waggoner WDE. Our staff signed W McDonald in the same class.

Tyler Linderbaum Interior Olineman. Our staff signed T Downing.

Iowa signed 2 LBs Doyle and Klemp. Our staff signed Rose, Palvermacher and Vaughn.

Riley Moss was signed as a CB. I don't know if he still is or moved to safety so I'll list who our staff signed at each position. CB A Johnson, S G Eisworth. I know Eisworth was a JUCO but he's a three year JUCO.

Was hoping @CyTwins and @Gonzo could compare Iowa's 5 instate recruits from 2018 to the guys CMC signed at those positions?

Gonzo, just to fill you in we have a poster from our side that over the previous couple pages decided now is the time to point of the recruiting gap instate between the schools and feels it's so much of a gap that ISU will never compete until they beat Iowa recruiting the state of Iowa. I chose to ask you because you aren't quite as far gone as most of your brethren.

Truly flattered but after the Derecho in CR and seeing family get seriously f*cked up in a matter of minutes I figured life's too short for the petty back-and-forth silliness I used to engage in re: Iowa v. ISU. I've had Twins on ignore for many months, along with a few of the more enthusiastic hok posters. Just not interested. I'd much rather talk music, movies, politics, BBQ/smokers.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Truly flattered but after the Derecho in CR and seeing family get seriously f*cked up in a matter of minutes I figured life's too short for the petty back-and-forth silliness I used to engage in re: Iowa v. ISU. I've had Twins on ignore for many months, along with a few of the more enthusiastic hok posters. Just not interested. I'd much rather talk music, movies, politics, BBQ/smokers.
Seen any good movies lately?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Wood, charcoal, or pellet smoker? If pellet sell me on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.