Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We are a top 25 team. We recruit worse but are the better team so we just develop better college players. Again, We are better than them this year so this is weird

We are in the top 25 NOW, today, they have played one game. Lets see where we are both at by the end of the season. Then we can wait for draft day, remember you said "we produce better talent", so then we should expect to see lots of ISU kids getting their name called for the draft and few EIU players, and if not this year, then next.

You know CyTwins you force me to do something I hate, that is defend EIU, but what you are saying is not even close to the reality of the current situation. It would be like them saying they have the better basketball team because they will be better than us this year, forgetting that ISU has long since passed EIU in basketball.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We are in the top 25 NOW, today, they have played one game. Lets see where we are both at by the end of the season. Then we can wait for draft day, remember you said "we produce better talent", so then we should expect to see lots of ISU kids getting their name called for the draft and few EIU players, and if not this year, then next.

You know CyTwins you force me to do something I hate, that is defend EIU, but what you are saying is not even close to the reality of the current situation. It would be like them saying they have the better basketball team because they will be better than us this year, forgetting that ISU has long since passed EIU in basketball.
Lol we will be better than Iowa at the end of the year too

Their program is a mess right now so the basketball comparison is dumb. Their head coach and OC are racists, they're getting sued and they don't even have a S&C coach. Just stop

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Lol we will be better than Iowa at the end of the year too

Their program is a mess right now so the basketball comparison is dumb. Their head coach and OC are racists, they're getting sued and they don't even have a S&C coach. Just stop
So its dumb because it hits home, and invalidates your entire argument. How about the rest of it, their out recruiting us, beating us, and putting more players in the league. Is that dumb too, or are you too got up in YOU are right, and everyone else is wrong, if they do not agree with you. You need to stop, because you are embarrassing to our fan base. Maybe post over on the Iowa boards like you used too, and let them make fun of you over there again.

• Dumb
  • Agree
Reactions: 1776 and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So its dumb because it hits home, and invalidates your entire argument. How about the rest of it, their out recruiting us, beating us, and putting more players in the league. Is that dumb too, or are you too got up in YOU are right, and everyone else is wrong, if they do not agree with you. You need to stop, because you are embarrassing to our fan base. Maybe post over on the Iowa boards like you used too, and let them make fun of you over there again.
Let's make this simple: would you switch our program with Iowa's right now? That answer will tell you who currently has the better program

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Let's make this simple: would you switch our program with Iowa's right now? That answer will tell you who currently has the better program

Not speaking for SE and really have no dog in this fight.......but I wouldn't switch our program for theirs even when Jim Walden was coach. So I don't know where you are going with this line of questioning.

Reactions: 1776

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not speaking for SE and really have no dog in this fight.......but I wouldn't switch our program for theirs even when Jim Walden was coach. So I don't know where you are going with this line of questioning.
I mean our program is better and healthier than theirs right now and it's not even close so I'm not sure what he's trying to prove

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

His take is so far out of left field it boggles the mind. Looking at CMC's first 4 recruiting classes i can say conservatively that each will have a minimum of 2 guys drafted into the NFL. That's unprecedented in Ames. I really don't care where they come from.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Somebody posted a story a couple weeks back about how much debt their athletic department was carrying. It was significant.
IIRC, eiu is servicing $225M in accrued debt and needs to borrow $75M to get through this fiscal year.

If the $75M is borrowed, $10.5M to just carry a $300M debt load at 3,5%.

prezinomics for sure.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Well let me start, we have lost the last 5 games to them, they own the instate recruiting, they have recruited at a higher level than us for the past 5 years. Finished ahead of us in the polls over that 5 year span. Have more players drafted and playing in the NFL then we do and its not close.

So ya, your comment was really stupid, but there was not an emoji for that, so I had to settle for dumb. I really find it funny that YOU somehow think that you know more about the players then NFL personal guys do. Remember, you stated we develop the talent better.

Go Cyclones.
They have outrecruited ISU for 40 years overall and in-state. Campbell has closed that gap overall and recruits Iowa better than any recent coach, Mac included. I would love for MC to dominate in state recruiting but it’s Going to take a while. Plus, winning more recruiting battles in Iowa in most years isn’t going to have a huge impact on recruiting rankings.

Reactions: Neptune78 and jmb

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
They have outrecruited ISU for 40 years overall and in-state. Campbell has closed that gap overall and recruits Iowa better than any recent coach, Mac included. I would love for MC to dominate in state recruiting but it’s Going to take a while. Plus, winning more recruiting battles in Iowa in most years isn’t going to have a huge impact on recruiting rankings.

I think Rhoads actually did a great job of recruiting in-state. Unfortunately he couldn’t recruit the other 49 very well.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Well let me start, we have lost the last 5 games to them, they own the instate recruiting, they have recruited at a higher level than us for the past 5 years. Finished ahead of us in the polls over that 5 year span. Have more players drafted and playing in the NFL then we do and its not close.

So ya, your comment was really stupid, but there was not an emoji for that, so I had to settle for dumb. I really find it funny that YOU somehow think that you know more about the players then NFL personal guys do. Remember, you stated we develop the talent better.

Go Cyclones.
Really stupid emoji

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
how is Campbell doing relative to his task?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I just did literally 5 minutes of research on Iowa's instate recruiting trying to figure out what the issue some are having.

Pulled the 2018 class since those are the latest we'd expect to see returns on. Iowa had 5 instate recruits listed on 24/7.

@SEIOWA CLONE please enlighten me as to which member on Iowa's 2018 class CMC and staff weren't able to find an equivalent replacement for?

John Waggoner WDE. Our staff signed W McDonald in the same class.

Tyler Linderbaum Interior Olineman. Our staff signed T Downing.

Iowa signed 2 LBs Doyle and Klemp. Our staff signed Rose, Palvermacher and Vaughn.

Riley Moss was signed as a CB. I don't know if he still is or moved to safety so I'll list who our staff signed at each position. CB A Johnson, S G Eisworth. I know Eisworth was a JUCO but he's a three year JUCO.

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think Rhoads actually did a great job of recruiting in-state. Unfortunately he couldn’t recruit the other 49 very well.
Rhoads did fine but he still didn’t compete with Ferentz. The year with Lazard was probably the only year in state recruiting was close.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I just did literally 5 minutes of research on Iowa's instate recruiting trying to figure out what the issue some are having.

Pulled the 2018 class since those are the latest we'd expect to see returns on. Iowa had 5 instate recruits listed on 24/7.

John Waggoner WDE. Our staff signed W McDonald in the same class.

Tyler Linderbaum Interior Olineman. Our staff signed T Downing.

Iowa signed 2 LBs Doyle and Klemp. Our staff signed Rose, Palvermacher and Vaughn.

Riley Moss was signed as a CB. I don't know if he still is or moved to safety so I'll list who our staff signed at each position. CB A Johnson, S G Eisworth. I know Eisworth was a JUCO but he's a three year JUCO.

Was hoping @CyTwins and @Gonzo could compare Iowa's 5 instate recruits from 2018 to the guys CMC signed at those positions?

Gonzo, just to fill you in we have a poster from our side that over the previous couple pages decided now is the time to point of the recruiting gap instate between the schools and feels it's so much of a gap that ISU will never compete until they beat Iowa recruiting the state of Iowa. I chose to ask you because you aren't quite as far gone as most of your brethren.
Iowa wanted Petersen over Waggoner. We beat them out for that one and they took Waggoner to keep Dowling happy

Not even sure who Klemp is and Moss sucks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If Iowa loses to Northwestern Saturday, do they make any moves?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
In Hawks pants.......many a bowels will be.
I'm honestly just wondering lol. Because that'd be an 0-2 start and after the likely Michigan State victory Iowa goes to Minnesota and to Penn State. It's realistic Iowa could be 1-4 over halfway through the season.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Brandon and CyPunch
Status
Not open for further replies.