Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Why is Iowa a better job than Kansas State? Kansas State has been a better program than Iowa the last 30 years and have no competition for in state recruits

You think Iowa is going to have money after they pay the lawsuits and pay off Kirk?

But look at all the revenue they get from the B1G network.

Has Barta gone completely underground? Not one presser, interview, quote... nothing.

• Winner
Reactions: Prone2Clone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Norvell or I could see them going after Heacock

I wonder if Heacock wants that at this point in life. 4MM is much more but he makes good money now with less pressure. I suppose if they give you that much and you can weather at least 4 years, you are pretty set. I think Kstate will force people to go VERY high for Kliemen and it would be probably a small step down for him overall.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Why is Iowa a better job than Kansas State? Kansas State has been a better program than Iowa the last 30 years and have no competition for in state recruits

You think Iowa is going to have money after they pay the lawsuits and pay off Kirk?

Agreed. Iowa will have to pay more to get him than they are paying Kirk right now, Kstate will force that. No instate competition, have the best Jucos if you want them, not far from KC for a major source. At best you can try to argue Iowa is similar to Kstate.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

What has KSU accomplished in the last 30 years that puts them ahead of EIU on the field? EIU has had what three seasons where they won their division or tied for the conference.
Iowa has more recruits than Kansas has instate. EIU has instate competition for instate talent in name only, they have owned the instate recruiting the last 5 years. Our highest rated recruit last year was the 12th instate recruit, they got the rest or they went out of state. EIU has the ability to raid Illinois for recruits and has done so, while KSU is not getting lots of quality recruits out of Oklahoma.

Who knows how much money EIU has, but they do have some well heeled boosters, they are also bring in a lot more money than KSU on the Big 10 TV contract.

I hope you are right, and they do not give the job to Kleinman, but to say that KSU is a better job is incorrect and silly at best.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
A portion of their fan base act like the loss doesn't matter anyway because they consider this an asterisk season due to only 8 games.

• Haha
Reactions: Brandon

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What has KSU accomplished in the last 30 years that puts them ahead of EIU on the field? EIU has had what three seasons where they won their division or tied for the conference.
Iowa has more recruits than Kansas has instate. EIU has instate competition for instate talent in name only, they have owned the instate recruiting the last 5 years. Our highest rated recruit last year was the 12th instate recruit, they got the rest or they went out of state. EIU has the ability to raid Illinois for recruits and has done so, while KSU is not getting lots of quality recruits out of Oklahoma.

Who knows how much money EIU has, but they do have some well heeled boosters, they are also bring in a lot more money than KSU on the Big 10 TV contract.

I hope you are right, and they do not give the job to Kleinman, but to say that KSU is a better job is incorrect and silly at best.
Kansas State is a better job right now than Iowa and I'm not sure it's close. Barta as your boss, racism, lunatic fan base, lawsuits, etc

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Agreed. Iowa will have to pay more to get him than they are paying Kirk right now, Kstate will force that. No instate competition, have the best Jucos if you want them, not far from KC for a major source. At best you can try to argue Iowa is similar to Kstate.
This

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

In the last NCAA report on school atheletic funding EIU was 14th at 151 million, KSU was 48th at 90 million. We can both hate on EIU all we want, but they have plenty of money.
Neither of know if they they law suits will hurt them or not,
Freerents contract runs through the 2025 season, they could easily give him this year and next and then buy out the last 3 years.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Saw a guy with personalized Hawkeye plates that said VIKES 2. Seems about right for two teams going in the same direction. Guy can sure pick em.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

It's a way better job. If for no other reason than Iowa has to compete with Iowa State and Kansas State has to compete with Kansas.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
If Iowa has a .500 season or worse KF will get fired for that and not racism. #Priorities for Tavern Hoks.

I bet KirKKK “retires” after this year, regardless of record. And media will lap up the story that he put Iowa on a great path forward for black athletes.

• Agree
Reactions: jsb and psychlone99

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I bet KirKKK “retires” after this year, regardless of record. And media will lap up the story that he put Iowa on a great path forward for black athletes.
I really don't care what our local media says, they will always ballwash for Kirk. Fortunately recruits see through that bull**** and their recruitment has tanked accordingly.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
It's a way better job. If for no other reason than Iowa has to compete with Iowa State and Kansas State has to compete with Kansas.
If we are competing with Iowa for instate recruits it would be nice for us to actually sign some of the better ones.

From the Register about this years class.

According to our in-state recruiting rankings, Iowa has landed the No. 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15 and 18 prospects in the state's 2021 class. Comparatively, Iowa State has landed the No. 13, 16, 17 and 28 prospects.

Last year was no better.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
If we are competing with Iowa for instate recruits it would be nice for us to actually sign some of the better ones.

From the Register about this years class.

According to our in-state recruiting rankings, Iowa has landed the No. 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15 and 18 prospects in the state's 2021 class. Comparatively, Iowa State has landed the No. 13, 16, 17 and 28 prospects......

Who signed #1, 2, 4, 6, 11, and 14?

Status
Not open for further replies.