Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Will they need an interpreter for what he says? Hard to understand him.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t push to get depositions from Brian and the grand wizard.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wonder if the Iowa president will “retire” right away now instead of waiting for the Regents to approve one.

Throw in the Title IX lawsuits and it’s a party at the Iowa Athletic Department!

But wait they have something special this year in basketball. :jimlad:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I guess Iowa fans are none too happy that the Iowa players will be kneeling during the National Anthem. You can't make this stuff up folks. Their coaching staff is racist.... and so are their fans.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I guess Iowa fans are none too happy that the Iowa players will be kneeling during the National Anthem. You can't make this stuff up folks. Their coaching staff is racist.... and so are their fans.

Aren’t the players in the locker room during the anthem?

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Hawkeye fans on Twitter are gross. I see a lot of them just laughing this off as a cash grab for former Hawkeye players. Not many seem sympathetic to the racist things they had to put up with. If things were reversed, I would want Campbell gone.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hawkeye fans on Twitter are gross. I see a lot of them just laughing this off as a cash grab for former Hawkeye players. Not many seem sympathetic to the racist things they had to put up with. If things were reversed, I would want Campbell gone.

They are making it obvious that racism is a cultural thing with the hawkeyes. Embarrassing for the players and the state of Iowa.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
He had to make his twitter private in the midst of the all the stories a few months ago due to awful Iowa fans on Twitter. Then this week he announced that he was leaving the Gazette.

I had heard about the twitter thing but didn't realize he left the gazette. I don't blame him though.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Spearman transferred out because he got passed up on the depth chart by Ben Niemann who is now in the NFL and Ferentz wasn’t going to play him because he had off the field problems
I want to follow up on these off the field problems. From my understanding Spearman got arrested for an OWI but it was actually dismissed. What else happened with him or was Ferentz actually not going to play a black player over a charge that was dismissed?

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He had to make his twitter private in the midst of the all the stories a few months ago due to awful Iowa fans on Twitter. Then this week he announced that he was leaving the Gazette.

He really is leaving the Gazette? Are you sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.