Kinnick north end zone renovation

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Illinois should be performing similar to Minnesota (and Wisconsin) and is failing miserably

Except to my initial reaction Illinois isn't the only Power 5 school in the state where as Minnesota and Wisconsin are.

Edit: Though they don't have the populations that Illinois does either. In essence I agree with what you are saying just playing devils advocate.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It always amazes me how much Illinois underperforms year after year being the sole power 5 state school in their highly populated state.

EDIT--I said STATE school, which Northwestern is not one!
Forevertrue's point still stands. Northwestern may not be a state school but they are power 5 and do take some of the resources in both BB and FB. In addition Madison, Bloomington and South Bend are all pretty darn close to that state population center all pulling resources - heck, South Bend might even be closer to it than Champaign is. Iowa City, East Lansing and Ann Arbor aren't much farther.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Forevertrue's point still stands. Northwestern may not be a state school but they are power 5 and do take some of the resources in both BB and FB. In addition Madison, Bloomington and South Bend are all pretty darn close to that state population center all pulling resources - heck, South Bend might even be closer to it than Champaign is. Iowa City, East Lansing and Ann Arbor aren't much farther.
Northwestern is playing two P5 non cons this year. Something Big Time/Not Big Time Iowa won’t do.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
owieessiphm4dfexohgr

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron