Kind of lost in the moment

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
One thing you will find with a coach who has been in the pros, they know that different players get hot on different nights. This doesn't mean others are lazy. It means they recognize and assist. And they know if the need changes that somebody else can step up. So back off.

They also know that it is a long season and you can't try to get them fired up for every game.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The team was having fun. Cut them some slack it has been a rough conference season up to yesterday. They were not going to lose that game. When they needed to they scored.

drbishop4isu

Feb 4, 2014
TCU scored 47 in the second half. That is lackadaisical.
This. Guarantee TCU hasn't put up more than 40 in a half at all this season. Unnacceptable. Ejim's 48 points were all fine and dandy, but what everyone missed in that effort is the overall terrible game played by everyone else. Only one other person in double figures (and only barely) and like others have mentioned absolutely shoddy defense against the league's worst offensive team. You think Kyan Anderson looked impressive yesterday? Wait til Juwan Staten, Eron Harris and Terry Henderson tip off tomorrow night. A duplicate effort like that against WVU will lead to a 30 point beatdown. Must play better. Wins are wins, but too much went wrong yesterday for me to be sleeping easy heading into tomorrow.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This. Guarantee TCU hasn't put up more than 40 in a half at all this season. Unnacceptable. Ejim's 48 points were all fine and dandy, but what everyone missed in that effort is the overall terrible game played by everyone else. Only one other person in double figures (and only barely) and like others have mentioned absolutely shoddy defense against the league's worst offensive team. You think Kyan Anderson looked impressive yesterday? Wait til Juwan Staten, Eron Harris and Terry Henderson tip off tomorrow night. A duplicate effort like that against WVU will lead to a 30 point beatdown. Must play better. Wins are wins, but too much went wrong yesterday for me to be sleeping easy heading into tomorrow.

If the guys play in their socks instead of their shoes, they'll slip all over the floor.
If the guys put duct tape over their eyes, shooting will be difficult.
If they all have food poisoning, effort may be lacking.

Be alarmed all you want, but you're trying too hard. They know this is a tough game, and they'll show up ready.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

You mean you weren't happy with Iowa's performance?

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO

They're ******* college students, and they won the game handily. Cut them some slack.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Not to worry. I am sure Deandre, Matt, Monte, Melvin, Georges, Naz, Dustin and Fred once they read this said, "Oh my lord we can't have drbishop4ISU losing any precious sleep."

As long as the players and coaches slept easy Saturday and Sunday nights, then I could care less if you won't sleep easy.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

You're insane. This entire post is flat out nonsense.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I don't get the "if it werent for ejim, we don't win that game" comments. Bball is a possession sport. Each possession, only one player can score the ball. If Ejim goes for 48, the rest of the team won't score as much. It's math. It isn't a concern. The players got the ball to who was hot. It worked.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
We could win the national championship, and some would find something to complain about. Unbelievable.

Reminds me of a story I heard one day concerning the NFL draft and Philadelphia Eagle fans. This guy telling the story said Eagle fans are never happy with ANY first round picks by the team.

"I swear," the guy said, "they can announce 'and the Eagles with their first pick of the draft chooses Jesus.' that the crowd would gripe and complain and say, 'Why him when John the Baptist is sitting right there.'"

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We could win the national championship, and some would find something to complain about. Unbelievable.

It's the bipolar nature of any message board. Mainstream, common sense views do not generally draw attention and further posts, making oddball posts look more prevalent than they are. Consider post like this the yang to the "ISU=Kentucky" thread's ying.

Are you new here or something?