Kill the Sky Carp (aka Hawkeyes)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Sky carp. Finally, something original in the smack-talk insult world.

EIU and Squak is getting really old and lame. As are Clowns, Moo-U, etc.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Brady12: thanks for proving me right about your fanbase.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Just so everyone knows, I'm going to start referring to the suckeyes as the 'eyes. Why? Because hawk is not short for hawkeye, eye is. Their mascot/logo should be an eye. Just an eye of a bird (an eye of a hawk to be precise.)

The Kansas Jayhawks, for example, can use "hawks" for short, because hawk is short for jayhawk.

At least the Ohio State Buckeyes use a "buckeye" as their mascot, even though, like Iowa, they refer to themselves as the "bucks" when in reality, buck (a male deer?) is not short for buckeye. Must be a big 10 thing?...wouldn't surprise me considering they can't even count the number of teams in their conference.

Some 'eye idiots will say "Well duh you guys call yourselves the 'Clones!" - true, but our logo isn't a Clone (two identical people/things) and neither is our mascot.

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know :) The Cyclones are going to destory the 'eyes tomorrow!

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
having been a fan of both teams in my lifetime (converted 'Clone here) I would say Iowa State holds the upper hand on the mascot/logo battle.

btw - Cyclones gonna win tomorrow!

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Just so everyone knows, I'm going to start referring to the suckeyes as the 'eyes. Why? Because hawk is not short for hawkeye, eye is. Their mascot/logo should be an eye. Just an eye of a bird (an eye of a hawk to be precise.)

Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know :) The Cyclones are going to destory the 'eyes tomorrow!

Here is their new mascot:
27adco.xl.jpg

Steve

Apr 11, 2006

The Kansas Jayhawks, for example, can use "hawks" for short, because hawk is short for jayhawk.

At least the Ohio State Buckeyes use a "buckeye" as their mascot, even though, like Iowa, they refer to themselves as the "bucks" when in reality, buck (a male deer?) is not short for buckeye. Must be a big 10 thing?...wouldn't surprise me considering they can't even count the number of teams in their conference.

Some 'eye idiots will say "Well duh you guys call yourselves the 'Clones!" - true, but our logo isn't a Clone (two identical people/things) and neither is our mascot.

If you want to shorten the name, I'd go with AWK. Somehow the definition of "perversely, in the wrong way" seems appropriate.

awk - definition from dictionary.die.net

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
if EVER u needed more reason to HATE the Sky Crap's Anymore..
I was forwarded this --- take a look, and really feel the HATE.

Warning - the words are a little crude..

Personal Ads for the Iowa State*Cyclones - Black Heart Gold Pants

Dang - they are an intelligent group of folks.... NOT.....
Go Cyclones ---- Kick em, then kick em more when they are down.
Actual post:
I almost pissed myself.

In fact, I think I did.

And he sounds like one of the smarter ones. No wonder this state has a reputation for being filled with backward *** bumpkins. The really sad part, is, if they had Hawkeye uniforms on, they would get friction burn on their manhood from jerking it so much.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron