Kiffin out and Sark in as Bama OC for NCG

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Can you blame them? Kiffin had one foot out the door for the first game. Plus, it's Saban. He has no feelings and will do anything he can to win.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The only weird thing is that it was somehow convenient for him to help prepare for 3 weeks for Washington but no convenient for him to prepare for one week for Clemson.

Something a little odd there. I'm guessing his role had already been reduced and Sark already been the primary guy and something connected to Kiffin's new job required this press release in order to not look like a negative story.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
The only weird thing is that it was somehow convenient for him to help prepare for 3 weeks for Washington but no convenient for him to prepare for one week for Clemson.

Something a little odd there. I'm guessing his role had already been reduced and Sark already been the primary guy and something connected to Kiffin's new job required this press release in order to not look like a negative story.

Is it odd though? Doesn't he have to put together a staff next year, try to secure some recruits, etc? Each day that goes by, some other program is working on those things that Kiffin is unable to.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Is it odd though? Doesn't he have to put together a staff next year, try to secure some recruits, etc? Each day that goes by, some other program is working on those things that Kiffin is unable to.

Only odd in that it didn't happen sooner...and I'm guessing more or less it did happen sooner.

• Informative
Reactions: capitalcityguy

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Hired guns doing hired gun things. Not like Kiffin is loyal

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Can you blame them? Kiffin had one foot out the door for the first game. Plus, it's Saban. He has no feelings and will do anything he can to win.

Saban seems like such a miserable person for all the success he's had. The man is a genius but I bet he's exhausting to be around. I also don't ever hear much from former players saying he did much for them other than football. Even Belichick smiles once in a while.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Saban seems like such a miserable person for all the success he's had. The man is a genius but I bet he's exhausting to be around. I also don't ever hear much from former players saying he did much for them other than football. Even Belichick smiles once in a while.
No kidding. He has won college football's biggest stage several times yet he doesn't show any emotion. I get the whole "act like you've been there before" mentality but he acts like nothing in life will make him even crack a smile.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
That's still a big risk going into the NC. Kiffin has been front and center on the sideline. Is Sark going to be upstairs? Who's going to be Saban's goat when Alabama has to punt?

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
No kidding. He has won college football's biggest stage several times yet he doesn't show any emotion. I get the whole "act like you've been there before" mentality but he acts like nothing in life will make him even crack a smile.
He is a robot.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Good grief. Has Kiffin ever made a clean exit from any job he's ever had? That should have been a huge red flag for any program looking at him to take over as head coach.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

Agreed. I prefer coaches like John Wooden who succeeded at sports but taught his players more about life than sports. Saban just seems like winning is all he cares about. I wonder who the bully was that pushed him out of the sandbox when he was a kid who made him that way.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
That's still a big risk going into the NC. Kiffin has been front and center on the sideline. Is Sark going to be upstairs? Who's going to be Saban's goat when Alabama has to punt?

Sark will be wherever he feels he can pick his nose and eat it without getting on tv.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Agreed. I prefer coaches like John Wooden who succeeded at sports but taught his players more about life than sports. Saban just seems like winning is all he cares about. I wonder who the bully was that pushed him out of the sandbox when he was a kid who made him that way.

Wooden won so much because almost all of his guys were getting paid by Sam Gilbert. Good life lesson there though.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Announcers during Iowa game were basically calling Saban a crook hinting at Sark crossing the line between special offense assistant to on-field coaching which is prohibited.

Reactions: MeowingCows

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Announcers during Iowa game were basically calling Saban a crook hinting at Sark crossing the line between special offense assistant to on-field coaching which is prohibited.

This was called out the day Saban hired him. Alabama has they money to stash coaches like SS. Hope he enjoys working for an entitled jerk.